PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a real tough matchup for us, Pederson is right outta Andy Reid’s nest. Confident we’ll win but, people aren’t giving Philly enough credit. They match up with us really well on both sides of the ball. Fortunately for us, we have the GOAT QB, coach and hopefully tight end. We’ll win it but, it’ll be another classic.
Yep.

I already have the vibe this game will be tight.

Iggles are playing with a ridiculous amount of confidence now and believing in Foles.

Were there any reports on Donovan McNabb puking upon hearing it would be an Eagles vs Patriots SB?

Eagles looked dominant yesterday, but we all know different teams/different weeks can change dynamics. I really would like to see the Patriots come out and have 4 strong quarters. Might need to take some blood pressure meds for this one.

Eagles will be a hard game. They are solid throughout.

Quick question, i imagine Malcom Jenkins will cover Gronk?!?

I can see us putting Gilmore on Alshon and Butler on Smith.

So, what are philly's weakness' I cant take 2 weeks of "Philly is unstoppable!" hand wringing. I havent watched many games, but how did Atlanta hold them to 15 points.
I haven't watched them either but according to Football Outsiders, on defense they're 22nd against "other" WR (meaning not #1 or #2, talking to you Danny), #17 against TE (get well soon Gronk).

Overall pass defense FO had Jax as 27% better than league average (#1 overall) with the Eagles 7% better than league average (#7 overall). They're also middle of the pack in sacks with 38 (Pats have 42, Jax 55).

So their pass defense is good but not Jax good.

Not sure what to say about their offense, it's quirky and spreads defends from sideline to sideline. Our lack of speed may be an issue.

I think Jax defense is better than philly’s

For those looking for tickets, a few tidbits.

The Patriots would have actually gotten more tickets if the Vikings had made it, because the "host team" gets an allotment of tickets and NFL rules say that if the "host team" is playing in the game, that allotment gets divided equally between the two SB teams.

In SB 39, my relatives in the "ticket redistribution business" had promised me a seat, since the game was 2 hours away from my house. HOWEVER, on the Saturday before the game, a got the call saying that the "Philly fans are paying 3-4 grand a pop", needles to say, I didn't get a ticket. So expect steep prices, although I think the location (and maybe Vikings fans buying them up early), might bring them down to the "manageable" category.

Consistency is Foles' biggest enemy.....and the fact that his regressions caused the Eaglez to go after Wentz

Foles looks friggin incredible tonight. They have a very good WR core, 2 good RB’s, and a serviceable TE. On D, they can pressure. Best team we have seen all year and that isn’t hyperbole
I was surprised how good the Eagles looked. I hope we have Gronk back, and just like Bortles, we are going to have to take Foles seriously.

The Patriots would have actually gotten more tickets if the Vikings had made it, because the "host team" gets an allotment of tickets and NFL rules say that if the "host team" is playing in the game, that allotment gets divided equally between the two SB teams.

In SB 39, my relatives in the "ticket redistribution business" had promised me a seat, since the game was 2 hours away from my house. HOWEVER, on the Saturday before the game, a got the call saying that the "Philly fans are paying 3-4 grand a pop", needles to say, I didn't get a ticket. So expect steep prices, although I think the location (and maybe Vikings fans buying them up early), might bring them down to the "manageable" category.
They aren't manageable yet - the cheapest I've seen is $5,000 each. I hate how real fans are shut out of the game. Last time we played Philly in 2004 there were lots of stories about how people in Philly mortgaged their houses to go to the game (and then I think the average ticket was $2,500 or half of what it is now). I would love to go but don't think I can swing it. Last year was the 1st year I didn't go since 2001. The prices are just too steep.

Cheapest ticket on SeatGeek this morning is $5k. :eek:o_O

I haven't watched them either but according to Football Outsiders, on defense they're 22nd against "other" WR (meaning not #1 or #2, talking to you Danny), #17 against TE (get well soon Gronk).

Overall pass defense FO had Jax as 27% better than league average (#1 overall) with the Eagles 7% better than league average (#7 overall). They're also middle of the pack in sacks with 38 (Pats have 42, Jax 55).

So their pass defense is good but not Jax good.

Not sure what to say about their offense, it's quirky and spreads defends from sideline to sideline. Our lack of speed may be an issue.
Marquis Flowers says hi he is SPEED

They're a lot healthier than the Pats and Foles can be dangerous. They need to keep him in the pocket and make it a horrible place to be.

eagles lol.....lets see. They beat us at home in the last meeting with no quaterback. They are playing extremely well now, with no quaterback. Our defense has a knack of making everyone look great ( and Foles conveniently is back to throwing no interception like the old days), our offense only shows up in the 4th quarter. Gronk may not be available. All the recipe for a heart attack are in place. Should be a great game!

They're a lot healthier than the Pats and Foles can be dangerous. They need to keep him in the pocket and make it a horrible place to be.

The eagles lost wentz, peters and hicks, not to mention foles has busted ribs, and they are healthier than the pats?

Wow a philly paper predicting the eagles are going to win...
With total crap reasoning like the pats defense is bad ranked 29th in yards. Who gives a crap about yards and have you watched a game lately? In the only stat that matters points allowed they have been among the leagues best for months now. Brady doesn't like pressure so the eagles d line will have to have a good game. Really? No **** Sherlock? The eagles d has created a lot of turnovers nearly 2 a game. That's great they are going up against the team who turns the ball over least in the league. Just a shoddy article full of pom pom waving

I think the fact we won a tough game and the Eagles blew out their opponent is to our advantage.
What will they do if they go down by 10 by 14?
What will happen when Jeffrey is being blanked by Gilmore.
When Blount is never gets that 2 yd head of steam when Butler follows Agholar all over the field?
You going to beat us with Torrey Smith?
Zach Ertz can be covered by Flowers Chung or Harmon.
Now the key to this game on defense will be confusing Foles and not letting Pederson dictate the flow on offense.
This will be a different game the Eagles have no fear going for 4th down conversions 2 point conversions Pederson has no fear this will be a game of 2 coaches with Balls.
Two very good defenses that know each other well Schwartz and Belichick.
Two QBS Foles who had a great looking career in Philly flamed out met the worst coach in Fisher and went on a spiritual quest to even come back and now is playing other worldly.
Or the Goat Tom Brady a man who never gets tired or complacent in winning no matter how many titles this man wins it's never enough.
He can't do it alone this is a team effort but Brady is the best QB of all time and amazing leader if we should fall to the Eagles the city of Philly will never be the same getting their first championship and if it wasn't for it being against us I would root for him.
Philly wants this more than anything and the players will fight fight fight til the clock says 0.00 we can't be complacent we can't back down we need to punch in the mouth we have to match Longs intensity he is the leader on that defense he gets them going but we have to know his weaknesses and expose them.
Should be a hell of a show and regardless win or lose as long as we give our best game I am incredibly proud of what this team has been able to accomplish and rebuilding this impressive coaching staff may be BBs greatest challenge in the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents