PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're out of line but what Brady, BB and others do I don't really like. Once upon a time cousins used to marry. That is frowned upon in today's time. Maybe it's time to do the same with kissing your family on the lips. Just a thought. I cringe every time I see it.
I dunno. I agree that it’s weird, but not nearly as much when you’re a little kid. I really didn’t see anything wrong in the footage that was shown. If he carries that habit into the next couple/few years it will be strange as hell.

I dunno. I agree that it’s weird, but not nearly as much when you’re a little kid. I really didn’t see anything wrong in the footage that was shown. If he carries that habit into the next couple/few years it will be strange as hell.
BB does it even to this day.

BB does it even to this day.
On the lips with his two grown boys? That does seem pretty weird to me. At least he shows affection, I suppose. To each his own, I guess.

They're out of line but what Brady, BB and others do I don't really like. Once upon a time cousins used to marry. That is frowned upon in today's time. Maybe it's time to do the same with kissing your family on the lips. Just a thought. I cringe every time I see it.
I agree. It is weird.

LOL, I guarantee you the kid got relentlessly teased/bullied about it in school and they don’t do it anymore.

That being said, check out this thread lol

Chiefs Tom Brady Being A Hypocrite - ChiefsPlanet

If you think the Rodgers shade some of us put on him is bad. Just look at this lol!

My favorite was

Brees was extremely clutch in that Vikings playoff game last year. Led them down the field to take the lead with almost no time left.
The defense choked and gave the game away. This doesn’t happen to Brady because Belichick knows how to get his defense to clamp down when required.

If that was the case Brady might have 4 more SBs. His 3 SB losses he had the team in the lead and the defense only needed to make one stop and then there was the '06 AFCC which Pats win that they are 100% winning the SB

On the lips with his two grown boys? That does seem pretty weird to me. At least he shows affection, I suppose. To each his own, I guess.
I don't know, all I saw was the pic of BB kissing his daughter on the lips after Super Bowl LI win? or XLIX, I can't remember.

The one thing to remember is that Brady almost never puts them into a bad play. Marcus Mariota is still a young guy. So Dion Lewis will end up running into a wall a lot I imagine.

I understand that the mere thought is disturbing to many, but a big, genuine and innocently warm hug and a quick peck on the lips was the standard greeting (and farewell) in my (large) extended family for blood relatives and relatives by marriage. Gender and age didn't matter.

It was kind of a church thing, too, with people at the service (during a specific juncture in the service) who were "honorary" family, at least. Small, close-knit congregation - very community service oriented - dedicated to the Golden Rule above all else. You know, crazy Great Lakes Region Lutherans, German heritage.

Anyway, I never thought anything was odd about it while growing up - never thought about it at all, really - until I started spending extended time with families from other Christian churches and other faiths - except for a couple of Catholic churches that had that same break in the service where you'd hug he person on each side of you and give them a quick peck on the lips.

Some sort of relatively ancient cultural tradition, I guess. How much one reads negative implications into the innocent traditions of others depends on one's own cultural heritage, I guess.

I understand that the mere thought is disturbing to many, but a big, genuine and innocently warm hug and a quick peck on the lips was the standard greeting (and farewell) in my (large) extended family for blood relatives and relatives by marriage. Gender and age didn't matter.

It was kind of a church thing, too, with people at the service (during a specific juncture in the service) who were "honorary" family, at least. Small, close-knit congregation - very community service oriented - dedicated to the Golden Rule above all else. You know, crazy Great Lakes Region Lutherans, German heritage.

Anyway, I never thought anything was odd about it while growing up - never thought about it at all, really - until I started spending extended time with families from other Christian churches and other faiths - except for a couple of Catholic churches that had that same break in the service where you'd hug he person on each side of you and give them a quick peck on the lips.

Some sort of relatively ancient cultural tradition, I guess. How much one reads negative implications into the innocent traditions of others depends on one's own cultural heritage, I guess.

Meanwhile, hardly a beep when a player assaults his wife, girlfriend, or a woman. Strange times we live in. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back