PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
You triggered, princess?

Gotta love asshats who throw around crap they don't understand.

If by triggered you mean "am I curled up in a ball on the floor unsure of what to do because you said mean words to me", not even close.

If by triggered you mean tired of some asshat moron lying about me and putting words in my mouth that were never said. Yep. That's the case.

Eh, Dede Westbrook and Cole have come on of late and the Patriots themselves courted Lee prior to the draft. Their TEs are nothing to write home about.

I have a hard time getting worried about any of their weapons, given their QB. Keep Lee and Cole in check in the passing game, and contain their rushing attack (which will be the #1 emphasis) and I don't see how they score more than 13 points on this defense.

Last edited:
I have a hard time getting worried about any of their weapons, given their QB. Keep Lee and Cole in check in the passing game, and contain their rushing attack (which will be the #1 emphasis) and I don't see how they score more than 13 points on this defense.
The Patriots need to pressure Bortles and keep the heat up on him. Yesterday, against pressure, he was 2/7.

Don't go jinxing it. Brady's always struggled against defenses like the one in Jacksonville, Bortles has been playing just as well as he needs to over the last few games, and their running game is excellent. Remember, our defense isn't significantly better than Pittsburgh's defense and they let up 38 (fumble 6) to Jacksonville. It certainly isn't one of the best matchups for us in the NFL - I would contend its one of the worst. The Patriots should hopefully win this game but don't be surprised when its a very close game.

Brady is excellent against top defenses. He’s at least 3-1 against #1 ranked defenses, and they average 31 points a game against them.

People need to start taking “ analysis “ by the National talking heads with a healthy dose of skepticism because they don’t research their claims, and they are almost always wrong.

Some members here dump on Bortles and he *may* deserve it however I am sure that our defense is preparing for nothing but his best.

Some members here dump on Bortles and he *may* deserve it however I am sure that our defense is preparing for nothing but his best.

Remember Dalton's first rule in Roadhouse. "Never underestimate your opponent, expect the unexpected"

Attachments

• imagedaltons.jpg
    imagedaltons.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Brady is excellent against top defenses. He’s at least 3-1 against #1 ranked defenses, and they average 31 points a game against them.

People need to start taking “ analysis “ by the National talking heads with a healthy dose of skepticism because they don’t research their claims, and they are almost always wrong.
I think he is 6-0 against #1 Defenses at home.

Brady vs Houston (No. 1 Defense 2016)
18/38 for 287 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs - 68.6 Rating. = Win

Brady vs Denver (No. 1 Defense 2015)
27/56 for 310 yds 1 TD 2 INTs - 56.4 Rating [Playoffs] = Loss
23/42 for 280 yds 3 TD 0 INT - 99.3 Rating [Osweiler] = Loss

Brady vs Seattle (No. 1 Defense 2014)
37/50 for 328 yds 4 TD 2 INT - 101.1 Rating = Win

Brady vs Carolina (No. 2 Defense 2013 (Seattle #1))
29/40 for 296 yds 1 TD 1 INT - 91.3 Rating = Loss

I'm looking at the article you were quoting right now and those top defenses included the 2014 Seahawks, 2001 Steelers, 2004 Ravens.

That's two games that are certainly not nearly as relevant as the recent games against the No. 1 defenses, which we see through my statistics. Furthermore, that article was before the Patriots played the 2015 Broncos for the 1st time that year, and they ended up losing two meetings to the No. 1 defense. Brady also played against the No. 1 defense last year against Houston in the playoffs and safe to say Brady wasn't excellent. Since 2014, the Patriots have averaged 26 points against the top defenses, not 31. In the end, all that matters is the W, but that doesn't detract from me saying that Brady hasn't been playing too well against No. 1/2 defenses.

I'm honored that you consider me to be a national talking head, but I think it's safe to say that you should probably research your own claims before calling mine false and wrong.

He "got treatment Tuesday"? :rolleyes:
The Pats teleport the injured to the future so they can double the amount of treatment sessions and healing time.

For TB12, they did the same thing for him. He was actually born in 1872.

Remember Dalton's first rule in Roadhouse. "Never underestimate your opponent, expect the unexpected"

"People who really want to have a good time won't come to PatsFans.com. And we've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes