Total Yardage 286.1 yds --- 283.1 yds
Points / Game 16.8 --- 18.5
First Downs 257 --- 289
Interceptions 22 --- 14
Fumbles 20 --- 16
Sacks 55 --- 52
3rd Down 31.6% --- 35.2%
Opponent Pass Rat. 68.5 --- 78.8

Broncos played Smith, Carr, Rivers x 2, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Roethlisberger, Stafford, Bridgewater, McCown, Flacco, Cutler, McCarron.

Jaguars played Brissett x 2, Mariota x 2, Yates, Savage, Kizer, Rivers, Gabbert, Goff, Garoppolo, Wilson, Roethlisberger, McCown, Flacco, Dalton.

Who did they play against? Broncos played Smith, Carr, Rivers x 2, Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Roethlisberger, Stafford, Bridgewater, McCown, Flacco, Cutler, McCarron.

Jaguars played Brissett x 2, Mariota x 2, Yates, Savage, Kizer, Rivers, Gabbert, Goff, Garoppolo, Wilson, Roethlisberger, McCown, Flacco, Dalton.

just based on the eye test, I don't see this defense near the 2015 Broncos. that team never gave up 42 points. And even as decimated as the Patriots were that year, brady/Gronk were a 2 point conversion away from tieing that game.

they are a very good defense and will create a challenge. But they are young and seem to over pursue at times. I think Brady will use that against them with quick passes to running backs and tight ends. We will see if they can guard Gronkowski...

Wait. They were still in play for a bye and went out to SF and you are giving them a pass as just mailing it in?

Because at the time they were 10-4, Steelers were 11-3. They could have won out and had the steelers slipped up they both end up 12-4 with Jags having the tie breaker.

So no I'm gonna reject that they mailed it in. They want out to SF and got 44 points put up on them.
I knew we should have kept Jimmy.

Regards,
Chris

Well the one thing I think many are not talking about is the dismantling of the Titans we saw, probably the most complete game this season by NE. That was a team that put it to the Jags twice. Now I know that is not a direct factor but it carries some weight. I really think Harrison changes things for our front 7. I like the Pats chances here, Im not by any means dismissing the Jags but not many folks are talking about how the Pats played on Saturday, The motion on the offense line Brady used was surgical......I dont think the Jaguars have seen anything like that this season. I also dont think they can cover Gronk, the Steelers TE had 112 yards. Our offensive line is going to be busy, they do need to play at a level they haven’t had to this year, hope they can but other than that I think there are some big matchups for the Pats to exploit.

You know the Titans beat them twice already this season? When did Bortles become dangerous? You're the gloomiest person I've ever seen.

So the Titans beat them twice this season. That doesn't mean JACK when facing the Pats. You should know better than that, @reamer.

Did you actually watch Bortles play today? He wasn't Tom Brady but he wasn't Jeff Secules either. Bortles has slowly become a better QB..

Bortles poses a problem because of his mobility. Much the way Big Ben was early in his career. Bortles was able to make some things happen moving out of the pocket. The key is going to be keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to beat us with JUST his arm.

Fournette, despite his injury, still averaged over 4 YPC against a good run defense. Yeldon averaged 4 YPC. Bortles averaged 7 YPC.

The Jags can roll out a Multi-TE sets and have good (but not great) receivers in Lee and Burns..

So the Titans beat them twice this season. That doesn't mean JACK when facing the Pats. You should know better than that, @reamer.

Did you actually watch Bortles play today? He wasn't Tom Brady but he wasn't Jeff Secules either. Bortles has slowly become a better QB..

Bortles poses a problem because of his mobility. Much the way Big Ben was early in his career. Bortles was able to make some things happen moving out of the pocket. The key is going to be keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to beat us with JUST his arm.

Fournette, despite his injury, still averaged over 4 YPC against a good run defense. Yeldon averaged 4 YPC. Bortles averaged 7 YPC.

The Jags can roll out a Multi-TE sets and have good (but not great) receivers in Lee and Burns..

I've watched three or four of Bortles' games this year. I think he's improved, but still not enough to consistently challenge a secondary all game, if his primary reads are taken away and the running game doesn't get going.

I'm convinced this is our toughest game to date. I'm not taking them lightly. I just believe that we have all the necessary tools to win. My comment about the Titans was more directed at a complaint that the Titans win was easy because they're bad, but this game will be hard because the Jags are good.

shannon sharpe with his gameplan

Titans swept the Jags this year too.

As well as Ramsey has played for most of the season, I'll take the Gronk vs Ramsey matchup.

Bouye could have success against Cooks. I could definitely see Cooks being held to 50 yards or under.

I love the Hogan vs Colvin match up.

Who deals with Amendola, who is in prime postseason form, as usual?

Who can successfully deal with the RBs in the passing game?

Additionally, Jacksonville's run defense is in the bottom half of the league.

You're making an assumption that Colvin will be on Hogan. It's more likely that Colvin will be on Amendola.

Myles Jack and Telvin Smith are no slouches when it comes to covering RBs.

You're going to knock the Jags run defense which was 21st based on yards.. Guess what? The Pats run defense was 20th based on yards. And the Pats run defense gave up more YPC against the rush at 4.7 than Jax at 4.3.

So let's stop acting like the Pats are golden and Jax is garbage..This is going to be a tough match-up..

565....yep thats what the Jags defense gave up today.

Personally Philly’s and Vike’s defenses seem much scarier to me

So. That's what the Jags gave up in a game where they had some poor matchups.

You're making an assumption that Colvin will be on Hogan. It's more likely that Colvin will be on Amendola.

Myles Jack and Telvin Smith are no slouches when it comes to covering RBs.

You're going to knock the Jags run defense which was 21st based on yards.. Guess what? The Pats run defense was 20th based on yards. And the Pats run defense gave up more YPC against the rush at 4.7 than Jax at 4.3.

So let's stop acting like the Pats are golden and Jax is garbage..This is going to be a tough match-up..

I'm not assuming Colvin will be on Hogan, Kontra did. I was just responding to him.

Colvin vs Amendola is another matchup I like. Colvin can be beaten in the slot.

And sorry, but I'm not going to give their LBs more credit in coverage than they deserve. The Jags defense can be beaten with a quick release over the middle to TEs, slot receivers, and RBs.

I'm not knocking their run defense because of their ranking. I'm knocking their run defense because of what I've seen from them in recent weeks. The Patriots, on the other hand, are getting healthy, and they also added James Harrison, who has had a positive impact in stopping the run. The run defense is performing the best it has all season.

If Bill thinks the OL won't be able to hold up against the pass rush, I can see him pulling out the gameplan from the 2016 game in Denver, when the Pats exploited a weak run defense with a run heavy attack and game management. They should have similar success, since Jacksonville's run defense is pretty weak.

However, the Jags' pass rush isn't the same as it was earlier on in the season. They've been running on fumes for the last couple of months.

You keep claiming that the Jags run defense is bad, yet it's really no worse than the Patriots run defense..

I don’t think it will be easy at all. I must retract what I’ve been saying, I didn’t know much about these guys as we haven’t played them. Now then, pats still wop them by three tds

Mariotta is more of a threat running than Bottles. How'd that work out?

You keep claiming that the Jags run defense is bad, yet it's really no worse than the Patriots run defense..

I'm content with the way the run defense is performing right now.

But the way you're posing this silly. The Pats run defense will not be matching up against the Jags run defense.

The Jags defense will have to worry about a lot more weapons, in both the passing and the running game. Whereas NE has nothing to worry about in the passing game. Bill will gameplan specifically to stop the run and make Blake Tebow beat them (he won't.)

You guys realize theres a happy medium between the whole "pats will blow out the jags" and making them out to be this juggernaut whom the patriots have no chance of overcoming at home.

So. That's what the Jags gave up in a game where they had some poor matchups.

and they wont have poor matchups against the Patriots? Sure they scored 45 against the steelers, but how about the 10-points they only managed to score against the Bills the previous week?

Yet the patriots were better than the Steelers in every offensive statistical category this year.

Typical @AndyJohnson. Make broad statements that aren't factually true.

Steelers had more completions of 40+ yards than the Patriots. (16-10)
Steelers gave up less sacks than the Patriots. (24-35)
Steelers primary running back had 3 fewer receptions and more yards than our top 2 receiving RBs combined.

Don't bother replying Andy. I have you blocked since you still haven't learned in 15 years not to talk out your butthole.

In the "should surprise no one department", Rob Parker thinks Jacksonville will win Sunday

And he also called Brady the LOAT - luckiest of all time... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft