PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wembanyama

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

i haven't seen an extremely tall skinny player be successful yet in the NBA. At least none come to mind

i haven't seen an extremely tall skinny player be successful yet in the NBA. At least none come to mind
KD? I don't know if he counts as extremely tall though

KD? I don't know if he counts as extremely tall though
ya, i here you. I was thinking over 7 ft and skinny. Garnett came to mind but he was 6-11. The article made me think Bol, Tacko Falls, Shawn Bradley, Chet Holmgren. Porzingis is the only successful one i think.

I remember a great debate ... Ralph Samson or Patrick Ewing ... we all know how that one played out.
But this kid has amazing quickness and can shoot ... just imagine a team using him as an SG or SF ... would be fun to watch.

This kid is about as opposite of Wilt as you could get.

What I'm saying is that he could dominate the game in a way nobody has, since Chamberlain.

He won't be LeBron, let along Wilt.

Not a chance.

I doubt it. Maybe Porzingis or Durant? Not Wilt.

You have every right to be anal in your comparisons.

I'm going to speculate freely. I hope he's a lot closer to Chamberlain; that would generate a lot of buzz and excitement.

You have every right to be anal in your comparisons.

I'm going to speculate freely. I hope he's a lot closer to Chamberlain; that would generate a lot of buzz and excitement.
The difference lies in strength. Wilt was super strong. This kid won't be, he doesn't have the build for it. He''ll be in the KD mold. I'm sure he'll be great but he won't be Wilt.

The difference lies in strength. Wilt was super strong. This kid won't be, he doesn't have the build for it. He''ll be in the KD mold. I'm sure he'll be great but he won't be Wilt.

Wilt was also very athletic and graceful.. he had a sweet finger roll. He brutally dominated because he was playing alongside unatheltic white men, the majority of who were between 6' and 6'5 and smoked. He kept himself in tip-top shape, had incredible stamina and reportedly had between a 40-48" vertical jump which is absolutely unheard of for a 7-footer.

Again, I was speaking in terms of domination, not physical attributes. I should have been more clear on that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back