PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker's family: "We're absolutely sick" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dr. Sunshine!

Just sayin'.

Welker thrives off his quickness.

The good news is that we got another guy who is quicker and with time may be even better than Welker. ;)

Last edited:
Re: Welker's family: We're absolutely sick.

Even as a Colt fan, I feel for Wes Welker. The guy is as tough as they come. HE was your big acquisition, NOT MOSS. Team MVP IMO.

Re: Welker's family: We're absolutely sick

Your critique is totally lame when you consider that Manning and Wayne and anyone else in the playoffs played longer today than Welker.

As you know, Welker operates between the hash markers getting punished by linebackers, safeties, and corners always happy to get a lick in. The guy gets driven into the ground repeatedly...all this so Brady has a binky to dump off to over and over and over. Neither Manning or Wayne operate in such a perilous zone.
I don't think think anyone's assertion or critique of Welker playing in a meaningless should be considered "lame." It was a freak injury, but I'd prefer it happened in practice preparing for the Ravens and not at Reliant Stadium in a game that will only be remembered for one reason.

I wonder what shape his knee was in going into the game?

Re: Welker's family: We're absolutely sick

Your critique is totally lame when you consider that Manning and Wayne and anyone else in the playoffs played longer today than Welker.

Sometime noncontact injuries are caused by chronical fatigue and wear and tear. Maybe he (his ACM/MCL) was pretty close to worn out, who knows....

We keep hearing Brady is pretty banged up too... Resting them would be the right thing and smart thing to do. Bill is too old school on this and his team is paying the prices with #2 player (Welker) not available and #1 player (Brady) at less than 100%.

Last edited:

but then, he wasn't "carried" off the field. he walked off, from what I saw.

Minor detail. but that's lazy journalism.

Kilgore = fail.

Last edited:

but then, he wasn't "carried" off the field. he walked off, from what I saw.

Minor detail. but that's lazy journalism.

Kilgore = fail.

He got on a cart and was driven off, he didn't walk. So no, it's not "lazy journalism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST