PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome To The Pats N'Keal Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope the "WR draft curse" is broken...

I still have nightmares on,
- Chad "big play" Jackson
- Taylor Price
- Aaron Dobson
* Malcom Mitchell (good only if healthy)

Suprised that they picked a receiver, but the kid is rock solid.

Im expecting a 1000 yard rookie season.

If Gordon is suspended for 4+ weeks, and Demaryius Thomas isnt 100% healthy... they are gonna have to lean on NKeal Harry out of necessity.

Someone said it before, but I also see this as a Keenan Allen type pickup. Slow 40 time, but experienced and smart receiver. Allen's 4.71 40 time doesn't seem to be hurting him in the pros.
Keenan Allen was coming off a knee injury or something so he wasn't 100% when he ran that 40. It's the reason he dropped to the 3rd round. Otherwise he would have been the top receiver going into that draft according to draft guru's.

I’m interested to see what # he wears.

If I knew the Cardinals were planning on drafting me at 33, I’d want to be drafted before that curse fell upon me too.

That’s why I think he’s so good. He dumbed down his combine performance to dodge cleaveland

I wouldn’t mind him in #81. I’d like him to avoid #17

17 is currently in use by Damoun Patterson (who could very well be cut before numbers are assigned).

Keenan Allen was coming off a knee injury or something so he wasn't 100% when he ran that 40. It's the reason he dropped to the 3rd round. Otherwise he would have been the top receiver going into that draft according to draft guru's.

Yeah, there weren't speed or quickness concerns about Allen at draft time -- he was considered a major injury risk. And in fact, he missed 26 games to injury in his 4 seasons with the team that drafted him.

Allen doesn't feel like quite the right comp for Harry to me. He relies more on quickness, Harry more on strength.

I was happy with Aaron Dropston , but I wanted Allen.

But, let's not forget Dobson didn't have the right to learn and get to evolve in the offense in the ideal situation, he was thrown into the fire because we had no other options. We started the season with Edelman, Dobson and Tompkins as receivers, and Edelman at that time wasn't this Edelman we have today. Actually that was his break out year.

Then he suffered a foot injury and got rushed back from the injury, a recipe for a disaster.

In other context maybe he could've become a useful #3 WR.

I'm guessing he get's #51, just playing, I think he winds up with #81. Wore #1 in college, can't wear #1 or #11, so I'm guessing #81. Kinda interesting their last two 1st round picks wore #1 in college (besides Wynn).

84 makes sense.

81 or 84, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes