PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the new forum!

I don't know why you have decided to take a generally positive thread where people are talking about their experiences with the board's new features, format etc and take it in another direction by going on a spiel about how X is rude and uses X feature in such a way.

I am not trying to start a debate. I am just trying to point out Deus wasn't directly referencing any particular poster, but rather what he thinks is good and what he thinks is lacking on the new board in terms of features, design etc.

I like Deus. I don't agree with Deus 100% of the time, but I don't agree with ANYONE 100% of the time. However, I do agree with a a majority of his posts. Deus is often blunt, but his intentions are good. Deus has always been respectful and mature even in the very rare times that I have slightly disagreed with him. I have made many friends on this board and Deus is definitely one of those friends. There have been times where he has reached out to me either publicly or via PM when I have felt down or in need of advice etc. Nonetheless, I hold Deus in a very high regard and I am happy to call Deus a friend.

Dangerzone, Deus is certainly not trying to be aggressive here. If you feel as strongly as you do than maybe you should start adding people to your ignore list. I am just trying to offer my opinion and give a little advice. If you want to talk more about this situation, than feel free PM me.

Anyways, I hope you're doing well . There are so many new and exciting things to learn and do on this new board. Personally, I am very excited to start learning about the board's new features and putting them into use. Nevertheless, lets enjoy the new board. :)

There is a reason Deus is showing concern about his Ignore List (in threads other than just this one mind you) and that reason has its roots in things beyond him needing a tool in which to deal with the myriad of posters that have simply misunderstood him because of his "blunt but well intended" posts.

And while I find your post to be like mildly beaten to death with sunshine, I will refrain from any further comment or debate out of respect to what you have rightfully referred to as a "Generally positive thread"

Ian does deserve our gratitude and I don't want to say anything more that detracts from that.

Last edited:
I still hate all the linls up top. 16 links taking up tons of space for links I nrver use orher than the Draft Forum link. I wish they were on the bottom or that there was a lot less of them. Scrolling down to see the actual forum . . . is not optimal.
I'll second that. Maybe some way to collapse or condense them up there?

There is a reason Deus is showing concern about his Ignore List (in threads other than just this one mind you) and that reason has its roots in things beyond him needing a tool in which to deal with the myriad of posters that have simply misunderstood him because of his "blunt but well intended" posts.

And while I find your post to be like mildly beaten to death with sunshine, I will refrain from any further comment or debate out of respect to what you have rightfully referred to as a "Generally positive thread"

Ian does deserve our gratitude and I don't want to say anything more that detracts from that.

I don't want to turn this into a Deus debate when it should be showing accolades to Ian, but I did think Deus' post about the ignore list was clearly a douchey post to show he is adding people to the ignore list and not just to point out a feature. If you look at the quotes in his signature (basically saying that even though his opinions are in the minority they are always the truth and anyone who doesn't agree with him have insane ideas), you can clearly see that that he is gleefully embracing his role of the Ron Borges of Patsfans.com and taunting his critics.

I chose to ignore his clearly passive aggressive post because this thread should be about celebrating the new board and Ian's work, but I don't think it is fair that you get called out for calling him out when he is the one who went negative in the thread.

I still hate all the linls up top. 16 links taking up tons of space for links I nrver use orher than the Draft Forum link. I wish they were on the bottom or that there was a lot less of them. Scrolling down to see the actual forum . . . is not optimal.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the links since I only post on this board. Ain't a deal breaker, but I wouldn't be upset to see them go away.

It's going to take some time to find my way around here, but so far I like the cleaner look.

Reactions: Ian
Diggin it:cool:

Is it possible to hide or reduce the amount of info about each poster on the left side of the screen in threads? It takes up a load of real estate and requires a lot more scrolling to get from one post to the next.

Is the new board still linked to the mobile app, Tapatalk? The last couple of times I tried to access the board from it , I would get an error. Thanks!

Ian, thanks as always for all your work on this site and for assuring that it remains the best Fan Board in the entire NFL!

I do want to register my disagreement with the inclusion of the "Dislike," "Dumb" and "ABC" buttons. I think that it's better to police occasional idiocy or illiteracy by either ignoring or directly replying to the offending post and not in this way. I remember that we used to have something else like it ("Reputations" or some such...I forget exactly) and I think there was a consensus to do away with it.

But, that disagreement is minor compared to my appreciation for the quality of the site itself.

Thanks again!

I hadn't noticed the "dumb" option until I saw this post. Thanks for pointing it out! Since I saw you wanted it removed, I voted your post as "dumb." Ironic.

Hahahahahaha :D

Thanks for the clean new board, Ian. Still exploring the features.
I would like it even better if...
(1) We could see the twitter feeds from Pats writers like before
(2) User option to hide everyone's My Jersey feature to reduce blank white space; cute feature but useless
(3) Put the other Forums on the top either at the bottom or along the side w/o hurting us 1440 resolution folks
(4) Bring back the Ignore/Hide thread feature; it is very useful at times

(2) User option to hide everyone's My Jersey feature to reduce blank white space; cute feature but useless
(3) Put the other Forums on the top either at the bottom or along the side w/o hurting us 1440 resolution folks

The twitter feeds are still there.

Look to the right of part of screen and the Twitter feed is still there. Underneath top stories and the Pro Shop ad.

The 1440 resolution is the reason you're not seeing the sidebar because I have it set to vanish for people on smaller screens such as yourself. That's good to know, as I'll see if I can tweak things to get that included without sacrificing your screen real estate.

Just finally figured out this morning how to modify some things based on permissions so I'll take care of restoring some of the features this weekend for the people who have donated, and will also address some of the additional things mentioned.

Good stuff everybody, keep them coming :cool:

Is the new board still linked to the mobile app, Tapatalk? The last couple of times I tried to access the board from it , I would get an error. Thanks!
It's not turned on yet. Although the board is set up for mobile now which will at least hopefully make things easier until then :)

Look to the right of part of screen and the Twitter feed is still there. Underneath top stories and the Pro Shop ad.

It's Not There

Quote feature not working now

It's Not There

You don't see the twitter feeds because the resolution of your screen is not high enough.

Last edited:
I'm going to ditto Mistah Pissah on (2). Too much space for the less wordy folks than me. Or maybe I have a problem with all these New Jerseys on a Pats forum. We should put them back to pasture in the Meadowlands.

It's a minor complaint about another great job on the forum, Ian. Love the forum and appreciate all the many, many, many hours I know you put into it.

The 1440 resolution is the reason you're not seeing the sidebar because I have it set to vanish for people on smaller screens such as yourself. That's good to know, as I'll see if I can tweak things to get that included without sacrificing your screen real estate.

Just finally figured out this morning how to modify some things based on permissions so I'll take care of restoring some of the features this weekend for the people who have donated, and will also address some of the additional things mentioned.

Good stuff everybody, keep them coming :cool:
This has nothing to do with what's above, I just wanted to be sure you got this. ;)

It occurred to me just now that one of the things that would be great to have on this board would be the ability to literally to chalk board stuff within a post. There are a lot of X's and O's discussions that go for not because its just too hard to describe what you want in words, where diagramming it would be perfect.

All too rarely here, you get a tenacious poster who will take the time to do a post with photos of a formation or an alignment to make a point. But that's a LOT of work. I just wonder if there is a way within the current software, or a link to some other site where we could X and O and then bring it to our post here. I think the way we are building our D, we are going to see a lot of alignments and match ups we've never seen before. It would be exciting to be able to explore these new options.

Now THAT would be a dream come true of this old coach. Thanks in advance (but I should have asked about this YEARS ago), :D

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with what's above, I just wanted to be sure you got this. ;)

It occurred to me just now that one of the things that would be great to have on this board would be the ability to literally to chalk board stuff within a post. There are a lot of X's and O's discussions that go for not because its just too hard to describe what you want in words, where diagramming it would be perfect.

All too rarely here, you get a tenacious poster who will take the time to do a post with photos of a formation or an alignment to make a point. But that's a LOT of work. I just wonder if there is a way within the current software, or a link to some other site where we could X and O and then bring it to our post here.

Now THAT would be a dream come true of this old coach. :D
Interesting idea. I'll make no guarantees, but I'll certainly see if I can't come up with something. Have a couple of ideas that may work, but you're just looking for straight x's and o's and the ability to diagram them, correct?

It's Not There

The quote feature isn't working? Is it just that the link isn't appearing, or is it just not functioning for you?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back