PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome! Time to Introduce Yourself

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Welcome to PatsFans.com! It's cool to have you here and after a recent site upgrade I wanted to freshen up this forum a little bit. Please feel free to hop in here, test things out and introduce yourself in the "Roll Call" thread and tell us a little about yourself. Let us know how you started following the team, share some memories and then after you're comfortable, hop into the main forum and talk some Pats with us :cool:

I haven't been logged in for years, but have I've lurked all along. Looking forward to the playoffs and moreso; the Draft.

Hey been a Pats fan since they played at Fenway. I was surprised that I'm registered here, but I never spent much time. The board I was with for a long time has become too political -everything dissolved into politics - so I'm looking for greener pastures.

I'm an optimist and have plenty of hope Mac can help reclaim some of what they've lost with Brady. I'm neither a big Brady fan nor detractor. I love what he did for the Pats, don't hold a grudge for him leaving, and couldn't care less what he done since....I really despise talk radio especially F&M.

Go Pats!

I was born in 2000, raised a New England Patriots fan, and will remain that way until my dying breath.
Tom Brady will always be my favorite player in the National Football League and Bill Belichick my favorite head coach.
It’s good to be here!

Hey all! I guess ive posted more in the forums before even looking for a thread like this! Just googled a patriots forum so I could talk some sports to others who werent my friends in real life, now that they are all entering Middle age and have kids! Sports/Fandom is dropping down on their priority list. I have enjoyed the discussions Ive had here so far!

Reactions: Ian
I am an avid football fan. The salary cap fascinates me. I am trying to educate people on how screwed up the cap system is. The myth is that the salary cap levels the field between teams. If so; (Numbers from OverTheCap contact file from early September)

Why do the Eagles have eleven players making = > $10M, the Bills and Jets eight, the Dolphins seven. The Patriots only two?

If you add up the contract APY value for all the players, the Bills totaled $289M, the Jets $285M, the Dolphins $261M. The Patriots $184M. Why are the Patriots so much lower?

The reason is caused by the rules followed in spreading total contract costs to each season. Obviously, the Eagles and Patriots are doing contracts differently. The Eagles can be aggressive and use the rules to delay a dead cap day of reckoning at least six seasons, if not more. In the meantime, they can chase for the Super Bowl.

Would you rather have eleven players making $10M or more or two?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back