PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Pierre Strong, Jr - Pick # 127.

Short of the Jack Jones pick and maybe reaching a little for Tyquan Thorton there's not a lot to hate in this draft class.
I hated the slot they took Strange in, but he looks to be a good player. I am happy with the rest, not ecstatic.

He looks pretty exciting based on the attached highlights , hope to see more.

I wonder if he can play linebacker...

Exceptional vision and cut back ability. Poor man’s Curtis Martin.

I hated the slot they took Strange in, but he looks to be a good player. I am happy with the rest, not ecstatic.
After Zion I had him as the high rated OG on my board, I simply didn't think they'd go guard in the first.

I'm ecstatic with Strange, Strong and happy with Zappe.

Thorton was a reach IMO but he's is the fastest guy in the draft, even he might surprise.

Jack Jones was a terrible pick IMO, small, weak, slow... jag.

I'll be so sad if they just let Harris walk next year. I think Rham has a ton of upside, but at some point I'd love to see some long term commitment in the RB position. (besides the 3rd down role). If Strong takes over for White, that's cool. But we should keep all 3 as the corp - Harris, Rham, Strong. Just think - we could have Strong & Strange together for a while.

Jersey favorite. What a great name! Make the team, Pierre.

Love this pick. Like this draft
It is a strange draft. Many of us wanted DT and LB and some wanted speedy receiver. So far no DT/LB and how often is the fastest combine time an exceptional NFL player. CB"s are small, more RB's. What to think? I think that as usual BB knows things we don't know. As a certified kool aid drinker I will accept what he has done. Thinking maybe Hightower coming back or another DT coming as FA or trade. Maybe those 2nd string LB's will turn out ok. Maybe all these new fast DB's will work out. Anyway, I will still wait until October to make any judgement.

I don't know why but when I see him run I see an old-school elusive running back (70's). I feel like I am watching old film of great RB's of old. I'm really interested in seeing him in practice.

I don't know why but when I see him run I see an old-school elusive running back (70's). I feel like I am watching old film of great RB's of old. I'm really interested in seeing him in practice.
Reminds me of Jamal Charles in his running style. He runs high/compact with break away speed, and can make defenders miss.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Jamal Charles in his running style. He runs high/compact with break away speed, and can make defenders miss.
That's a good one. I'm not trying to look for something that isn't there...but yeah I see IT. We shall see.

I also see GREAT vision. He hits the right holes and cuts. I see that at a very high level.

Last edited:
I also see GREAT vision. He hits the right holes and cuts. I see that at a very high level.

Similar to Stevenson IMO. I call it natural smooth movements. Playing speed is the same as track speed. Watch Thornton, same thing. Watch Michel and Harry, not the same.

While we didn’t get any of the big names in this draft they added all sorts of speed and athleticism to the battle for positions on this team. The rest of the off-season will be really interesting to follow. We all wanted them to get younger, faster, and more athletic, and they clearly added the ompetition to do just that. They could conceivably clean house on many veteran players, and this season could be a struggle, but this may be the best way to get back to the top of the heap faster. I’m looking forward to seeing how this all comes together. We could see them shopping a bunch of mid level veteran players if the young guys compete well enough for the spots, that could bode well for the next couple of drafts.

After watching speedy Taylor torch the league (and the Pats), I'm guessing BB decided to upgrade (DHarris 4.57, Rham 4.64). The weight's the big difference, obviously, but Taylor ran a 10.49 100m in HS, and Strong's got faster splits all throughout (prob due to the lower weight). I could only find a 12.00 100m for Strong in HS, but I'm guessing his times just aren't out there. My speculation is that if this guy gets space, he is probably GONE.

1651414091684.png

Darnit (really? I can't say damnm it?) - I should've put him in my contest picks, but I got too cute. BGC nailed this one.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back