PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome back Harvey Langi

It's a nice story that he's back from that horrible accident. Unfortunately I have a problem seeing how he can possibly make the team. Just too many LB's. right now. But added competition can only make the final product better. So welcome back Harvey

I really liked the idea of Langi when he was signed here initially. Who knows if he provides enough to stick now though. Are they really willing to cut Winovich or Hall to make a spot for Langi? (I know Hall is an after thought for most, but he was the most intriguing LB by the end of last year) More than Bentley, Jennings, Wino or even Uche.

I really liked the idea of Langi when he was signed here initially. Who knows if he provides enough to stick now though. Are they really willing to cut Winovich or Hall to make a spot for Langi? (I know Hall is an after thought for most, but he was the most intriguing LB by the end of last year) More than Bentley, Jennings, Wino or even Uche.
While Hall might have been the most productive of those players in 2020, it doesn't really say much except that he's better than Bentley (the others don't really play his position). I didn't really think either of them looked like they were worth keeping, but I suppose there are also worse depth options.

It's a nice story that he's back from that horrible accident. Unfortunately I have a problem seeing how he can possibly make the team. Just too many LB's. right now. But added competition can only make the final product better. So welcome back Harvey

It seems like a long shot. I think his best path would be on ST. Slater, Bethel, and Davis seem like locks there, so he'd have to beat out Bolden and King it would seem.

IIRC, when he was here, he was on the line more often than not, when he was here, so he might be grouped in with the DL.

You guys are on your game. My first thought was "Get the fire hose out!!!"

While Hall might have been the most productive of those players in 2020, it doesn't really say much except that he's better than Bentley (the others don't really play his position). I didn't really think either of them looked like they were worth keeping, but I suppose there are also worse depth options.

Bentley racing towards the sideline to stop a RB or WR from getting around the edge.....

1620732890110.gif
1620732913802.gif

LB had huge depth issues last season. They went nuclear in addressing that...we will have a deep pack this year. We also took a lotto ticket on McGrone.

As of now it doesn't seem like we've drafted/signed the next "lead dog" to take the baton once Zeus retires but collectively a strong unit for sure.

Cut (or trade) Winovich? Absolutely. Hall better than those JAGS? The only one I disagree with is Uche. I thought he showed promise.

Not my first choice for the money...He's not stout enough for even the end of the LOS; and he doesn't have the agility to defend the flats...So the only non-STs role for him here would be as Raekwon McMillan's backup at ILB...Don't know if that's really the place for somebody with neck & back "issues" either; but if that keeps JaWrong Bentley, Brandon the King (of STs penalties) & Roy Reynolds out of the building, then Welcome Back Harvey!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back