PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome back Ed Block Courage Award winner OT Marcus Cannon!

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was stunned to see the Patriots re-signed veteran OT Marcus Cannon this week to the practice squad. He's had a long and winding journey with the Patriots that includes 2nd team All Pro recognition, Super Bowls, and most recently a Covid-19 opt-out season in 2020. As a cancer survivor and a father of three young children, his decision made sense at the height of the pandemic.

It's unclear how much tread he has on the tires, but having a seasoned veteran on the team with his pedigree has to be a literal and figurative big addition to the Offensive Line room. I hope he sticks for the season and helps out however he can. I imagine Trent Brown is pleased to have his teammate back in the fold. They played together on the 2018 Super Bowl winning team that beat the Rams.

I love this move at a moment in time when some veteran stability is needed to work through the many changes we're seeing on offense.

Welcome back, big guy!

In one of the threads, I asked people how long they thought it would be before Cannon was starting. Well, today he took another step in that direction, by being signed to the 53.

They sent him back to the PS after the game on Sunday so don't get your hopes up foe this Sunday.

He played well Sunday in relief of Wynn.

They sent him back to the PS after the game on Sunday so don't get your hopes up foe this Sunday.
That's automatic with the "standard elevation" for PS players. They've actually signed him "full-time" to the 53. To move him to the PS they'll have to release him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back