PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9: We Are On To The Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote the immortal Herm Edwards:

"Hello! You play TO WIN THE GAME!"

If anyone here is stating the Pats should lose out, I question their fanhood.
I woke up with a good feeling today i am confident we will win with +7 points or more. I can take tomorrow off so thats a good Start

Hopefully tonight is an exciting (for us) game to watch. The second half of last year coupled with this season (4-10 record) has been the worst fan experience for a very long time. As a kid I remember rooting for players to have good games because there wasn't much hope for the team to win - John Stephens to get 100, Iriving Fryar to return a kick for a td...Now I'm at the point, 30-35 years later where I'm rooting for Harris to put up 150 and 2 tds and Jakobi Myers to get a 100 yards. Also really hope Olzewski breaks a big return.

The Bills are 7-2 with a high powered offense.

The Dolphins are 5-3 with a promising rookie QB & top 5 defense.

The Jets are in position to get the best QB prospect in a decade. The pats can lose to them and have him go to the Jags instead.

Lose

The pats can lose to them and have him go to the Jags instead.

or the Pats could lose twice to them and get him instead...

I mean just imagine it, jest with a shot and they jest it up and it's the Pats of all teams..

hc-of-nyjs.jpg

Ume0Qd9xLIu4auv4bdmBDKNuG71bHeL2zwMWVB46deg.jpg

jest fans might look for the nearest bridge

Still not sure if I should root for or against my team tonite. I don't have BSPN. COVID cases at an all time high in Denver. I would have to go out and watch the game at a bar/restaurant. There is also a 10PM curfew. Will this game be over by 12AM EST? Fun-times!

Last edited:
First of all, “just lose out” is incredibly unlikely. We have won 28% of our games so far (33% with cam), and we have some of our easiest games remaining.

Second, there are TEN teams renter into today with 2 or less wins. Plenty of them with 0 or 1. It is simply unlikely to get the “top” spot when there are ten teams in the mix for it. If we were all starting with 0 wins and teams were equal, you’d say 10%. But we have a better team than some of the teams at the bottom and we have more wins to start with.

Third, the #3 pick in the draft probably doesn’t get you Lawrence. So again, it becomes more unlikely.

i know some people here love soaking in patriots failures, but i don’t think people are being realistic about Lawrence. They just say “we suck, let’s get Lawrence” because we’re way worse than most years, ignoring that plenty of other teams suck big time
Not really...

"Patriots' second-half schedule is going to be a gauntlet. Ravens, Cardinals, Chargers, Rams, Dolphins and Bills all look varying levels of legit."

Except for maybe the Jete twice, I don't see another game remaining that's winnable...So if we can just lose to the Jete twice...

Last edited:
And even with all that this roster has no business losing 14 games. 6-10 is one thing and can be written off, 2-14 meaning 13 losses in a row is a different story. Any bad coach can do that and for them it’s fireable. So never say never imo.

At the very least 2-14 ought to bring Bill right back to the pack in the conversation about greatest coach of all time. In my view unless Bill wins another SB 2-14 is disqualifying. None of Bill’s peers in this conversation had a season like that. And there will be questions and rightfully so about how good Bill really is as a HC without Brady.

lol

Good part of last nights Brady crapping the bed, it will end the likely narrative tonight of what would have been, " Brady is having a great year, it was him not Belichick in New England's run of success."
But it was indeed him and not Bill.

BB could go 0-16 & Kraft will not fire him. Not after all the success he’s spawned in the last 20 years.
But how many years of 2-14, 4-12, 6-10 should even Kraft tolerate?

To quote the immortal Herm Edwards:

"Hello! You play TO WIN THE GAME!"

If anyone here is stating the Pats should lose out, I question their fanhood.
Then you're not seeing the big picture...And what the feck did Sperm Edwards ever win anyway?

Not really...

"Patriots' second-half schedule is going to be a gauntlet. Ravens, Cardinals, Chargers, Rams, Dolphins and Bills all look varying levels of legit."

Except for maybe the Jete twice, I don't see another game remaining that's winnable...So if we can just lose to the Jete twice...
Yeah you’re right it doesn’t look as good now as before, as some of these teams have played better than I expected. But.
I simply cannot see how you say those other games aren’t winnable. That doesn’t make sense. It just came down to the last play in Buffalo and bills at home isn’t even winnable? Chargers isn’t winnable? In Miami isn’t winnable? I just don’t see how you say we have zero chance in those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes