PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. The defense has re-found itself. I never doubted they would. It's just unfortunate that they did. Steelers' D held Giants to less than 200 total yards.

They'll be tough to beat especially when they get healthy

The Giants will trounce the toughest opponents on the road and lose playing mediocre at home in front of a raging crowd. hopefully they get home field advantage in the PO's and go 1 and done.

why did people want the steelers to win? Last i checked they can still make a run and take a #2 seed and are in the AFC..who cares what the giants do in the NFC

Logically, I should've wanted the giants,,, I just farking hate the Giants that much. 2 farking miracle catches are the difference between 3 super bowl titles and 5. Plus I'd rather face the Steelers in the play offs then Huston or Baltimore anyways. I think we'd kick there ass even if it was at heinze.

Reverse psychology attempting to challenge his team, or is Mike Shanahan throwing in the towel on the season already?

Mike Shanahan 'disappointed' in his 3-6 Redskins - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Uttering ''disappointed'' or ''disappointing'' no fewer than nine times during his postgame news conference, Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan sounded very much like someone ready to write off the season.

In what Shanahan insisted beforehand was a ''must-win'' game, the Redskins committed 13 penalties, gave up an 82-yard pass, watched Robert Griffin III stuffed on a fourth-and-goal and lost 21-13 Sunday to Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers.

It was the Redskins' third consecutive defeat and dropped them to 3-6.

''You lose a game like that, now you're playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come. I'll get a chance to evaluate players and see where we're at,'' Shanahan said.

''Obviously, we're not out of it statistically, but now we find out what type of character we've got and how guys keep on fighting through the rest of the season.''​

that is a pretty stupid post game remark..

That day was a complete disaster. The only thing that went right is Miami losing and if we were to win our games against them, it won't even matter. Worst bye week ever

i hate the steelers..so much

I guess it's a question of who you hate the most. For me, it goes something like Jets > Ravens > Giants > Steelers > Chargers > Dolphins/Cowboys > everyone else. The Colts would have made the list in the past, but not since Polian was fired. I don't take the Dolphins or Cowboys too seriously, I mostly just hate them on principle and past history.

why did people want the steelers to win?

They need to be careful what they wish for. If they can go into the Giants house as depleted as they are and pull off a W, they are going to be a major threat to us. A Giants loss offers us 0 help in the playoff race.

Doug Martin was the only good part of the day for me, so glad I have him in 2 leagues.

Last edited:
They need to be careful what they wish for. If they can go into the Giants house as depleted as they are and pull off a W, they are going to be a major threat to us. A Giants loss offers us 0 help in the playoff race.

Doug Martin was the only good part of the day for me, so glad I have him in 2 leagues.

That's why i don't get all the..giants lost!!! going around here

That's why i don't get all the..giants lost!!! going around here

I get that people hate the Giants alot but it's just not in our best interest.

Ahhhh this day sucked:mad::mad:

Cool,, They threw a Gronk spike in Faith Hills intro, :)

Arghhhhhhh the Steelers beat the Giants!...Our season is over!

:rolleyes:

Some of you need to calm down, I f'king hate the Giants and it twas good seeing them fall so flat today!

Last edited:
If this game were played in Week 14-17 and we're jockeying for playoff positioning I'd be rooting for the Giants. But it's week 9 and the Steelers have been up and down all year. There's still time for them to blow some more games.

imagine our stadium sound like that when the opposing team has a big play? Man these fans are weak

Some of you need to calm down, I f'king hate the Giants and it twas good seeing them fall so flat today!

The steelers winning can hurt us....the giants winning doesn't mean anything..at all to us. I root based on what will help the pats out

Last edited:
This looks like it's gonna be a pretty good game.

I think you're the one that needs to calm down, all he did was question people rooting for an AFC threat over an NFC team and it's a valid point. Besides, when were the Steelers angels? Last I checked their QB is a scumbag rapist and their fans made a Bernard Pollard fan club Tshirt after Brady went down to injury. But if you really hate Eli that much go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes