PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Lee got concussed again and he was totally knocked out in the ground, I think he should really consider retirement and the Cowboys should IR him for the season.

The refs are gutless this year. Always calling plays the way that it will be automatically reviewed so they don't make the wrong decision. There is no way that should have been called a fumble, but they know if they don't call it a fumble and the booth doesn't catch it they will be publicly criticized and possibly demoted.

That isn't gutless, it's just smart. Not only does it create an automatic review situation, it lets the play unfold so you don't end up with any, "he would have returned it for a TD, but since we blew the play dead he gets the ball where he recovered it" situations.

Oakland DESERVED to lose to the hated Squealers. They rushed half the defense and failed to double plus cover a guy who had tooled them time and again all game. Thats on the defensive coordinator. I'm wicked pissed Oakland lost.

Correct, the Steelers did their job, but I recall a few blatant home calls like in that fumble when the Raiders was going to get the lead again in the end of the 3rd quarter, it was a helmet to helmet violent hit, how didn't they call a foul on that play is inexcusable, the ref was just in front of the play.

Correct, the Steelers did their job, but I recall a few blatant home calls like in that fumble when the Raiders was going to get the lead again in the end of the 3rd quarter, it was a helmet to helmet violent hit, how didn't they call a foul on that play is inexcusable, the ref was just in front of the play.

Player safety
Integrity

I assume that too but they always begin the opening description with " both teams will have the opportunity to possess the ball." In that case, only team gets it".....

Well that language is key for me. "Both teams have the opportunity" not the certainty or right. Both teams have the opportunity to possess the ball but if the first team scores a TD the only team never gets to possess it. It does not mean you did not have an opportunity. You simply failed to take advantage of it.

Likewise if one team scores a walk off FG it is not like you did not have a realistic opportunity you simply squandered it.

Well that language is key for me. "Both teams have the opportunity" not the certainty or right. Both teams have the opportunity to possess the ball but if the first team scores a TD the only team never gets to possess it. It does not mean you did not have an opportunity. You simply failed to take advantage of it.

Likewise if one team scores a walk off FG it is not like you did not have a realistic opportunity you simply squandered it.

That is no different than the old OT rules. In both cases the team that gets it first and scores a TD wins without the other team getting the ball.

IMO if the team that wins the toss runs the kickoff back to the opponents 5 yard line and kicks a FG, they deserve the win.

The rule change should be called the Crybaby Rule.

That is no different than the old OT rules. In both cases the team that gets it first and scores a TD wins without the other team getting the ball.

IMO if the team that wins the toss runs the kickoff back to the opponents 5 yard line and kicks a FG, they deserve the win.

The rule change should be called the Crybaby Rule.
Old rules was lame. Teams just stop trying to score and kicking field goals once they got to the 20 was stupid. Especially for a high scoring game where neither team played defense. Losing on a touchdown is much easier to swallow.

Watching the sunday night yesterday, I think Chip Kelly is back to college next year, the experiment is over, he was looking scared ****less and lost in the sidelines, like thinking about all the moves he made and that team is still a huge crap.

Moving from Foles to Bustford never made sense and still doesn't, an injury prone crossed eyes dumb QB for Foles who was still growing and on a cheap contract.

Old rules was lame. Teams just stop trying to score and kicking field goals once they got to the 20 was stupid. Especially for a high scoring game where neither team played defense. Losing on a touchdown is much easier to swallow.

I haven't seen any difference. The Philly/Dallas game was a perfect example. Both teams settled for FGs in OT before Philly scored a TD. I doubt that Jerry's Kids feel any better.

All the Crybaby Rule does is extend games and put teams in the same situation as before. It does give sponsors more ad time though.

My stance from the beginning has been this: If you allow the opposing team to hit a long pass or run back the kick enough to kick a winning FG, then you had your chance and deserve to lose.

Watching the sunday night yesterday, I think Chip Kelly is back to college next year, the experiment is over, he was looking scared ****less and lost in the sidelines, like thinking about all the moves he made and that team is still a huge crap.

Moving from Foles to Bustford never made sense and still doesn't, an injury prone crossed eyes dumb QB for Foles who was still growing and on a cheap contract.

I honestly don't understand why Kelly gets criticized the way he does. He has just started his 3rd season as an NFL HC and has a 24-16 record in 40 games (.600) with one playoff appearance, which turned into a 26-24 loss to the Saints. There are a lot of worse HCs in the NFL.

Peyton's a good guy. I know we're all Pats fans, Brady fans, but in a league with guys like Hardy, Pacman Jones, Ray Rice etc, Peyton stands tall in character.

Dilfer just called the Chargers and Bears "two teams that are not very good".

Guess we know our two Super Bowl finalists then. :cool:

Peyton's a good guy. I know we're all Pats fans, Brady fans, but in a league with guys like Hardy, Pacman Jones, Ray Rice etc, Peyton stands tall in character.

Wtf are you talking about? He sexually assaulted his trainer in college. And because mommy and daddy are connected he got away with it. His public persona doesn't represent the horrible human being he really is.

I'll take cutler for 2 pics and a Bears loss...

Wtf are you talking about? He sexually assaulted his trainer in college. And because mommy and daddy are connected he got away with it. His public persona doesn't represent the horrible human being he really is.

I don't know man, he was 20 years old, young and dumb. Maybe that's why he's classy now. To make amends. Aren't we all allowed that opportunity?

There really couldn't be a more pointless game on right now.

I'm sure glad Ghost is a Patriot.

And he throws his teammates under the bus when things don't go well. I doubt this sits well with most. TBs teammates would do anything for him and it shows by their play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back