PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

*** Week 9 Games and News from around the league ***

Mayfield's a clown. Emotionally, he's about 18 months old.
Someone needs to explain P.R. to him. His first lesson needs to be learning the difference between being brutally honest and being a defensive ****head.
He wasn't trying to honest though. That's my problem. He let an old timer troll him to the point he left his own press conference.

He's a smart, aware guy. Everyone's seen Watson handle reporters. Baker could've easily went another way.

Left tackle Trent Williams reported to Washington after Tuesday’s trade deadline passed without a deal sending him to another team, but he’s not going to be practicing with the team yet.

Head coach Bill Callahan said on Wednesday that Williams did not pass his physical with the team. The reason why he didn’t get a thumbs up was because he felt discomfort when he tried to put on his helmet.

Trent Williams didn’t pass his physical

That's my point, so we're in agreement. He was being a defensive prick.
Yes, I speaking to the "brutally honest" part of your post. Clearly not on his game.

He's probably been one of the worst QBs Ive watched this year in terms of helping his OL. They aren't great & definitely at fault, at times. He hasn't helped w his movements & decisions maneuvering the pocket though.

Yes, I speaking to the "brutally honest" part of your post. Clearly not on his game.

He's probably been one of the worst QBs Ive watched this year in terms of helping his OL. They aren't great & definitely at fault, at times. He hasn't helped w his movements & decisions maneuvering the pocket though.

“Stop saying but,” Mayfield told Grossi. “I just told you the clock was running and we had a penalty. You want to give them the ball back? No. You don’t play, you don’t know. That’s just plain and simple.”

The bold is where he choose to be a **** instead of being honest. I get his likely underlying reasoning. He was trying to do some team-level CYA, in the sense of not tossing anyone under the bus. But going with the "You don't play the game" as the defense was sheer idiocy on his part. One doesn't need to play a game to understand the rules and the normal decision-making processes.

The bold is where he choose to be a **** instead of being honest. I get his likely underlying reasoning. He was trying to do some team-level CYA, in the sense of not tossing anyone under the bus. But going with the "You don't play the game" as the defense was sheer idiocy on his part. One doesn't need to play a game to understand the rules and the normal decision-making processes.
I thought he was being a **** the whole time. Again there was no "embarrass someome the right way" by explanation or w/e. Watson kinda did that in another video which I wish every QB would go into detail on a few questions. He was just upset, "stop saying but", telling someone how to talk.

The "you don't play, you don't know" made me cringe.

He was always the anti hero. In that clip he looked & sounded like a shook rich kid that took his ball & went home.

Tough look.

Jamal Adams had my sympathy. Until he didn't.

“When my agent called me and he told me what was going on, it definitely hurt me. You know what I mean? I hold myself at a high level. The Rams don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady. You know what I mean? That’s where I hold myself in that regard. Regardless, that I understand you have a job to do, that’s the way I took it.”

Cardinals’ RB Chase Edmonds (hamstring) is being ruled out Week 9 against the 49ers. Kenyan Drake will make his Cardinals’ debut.

OOf. Sure hope, for the Brown’s sake it isn’t THAT bad.
Ryan Leaf was trending on twitter today
First thought was of course, is he dead?
Nope. Was about Mayfield

He has been ****y, pocketing endorsements left and right,
now he goes full diva.
So in every city, reporters will be looking to trigger him
Asking team-mates for dirt, etc
They live for this nonsense. And from the look of it, there will
be a lot of that.
Should be fun to watch
Magic 8-Ball Says:
OBJ to the Pats in 2020 will help keep Brady fired up.

Thanks Deus. Great thread.

First question is legit. Baker should have handled it better. "Were you happy w the result", I can see getting a lil heated but you gotta smile & roll w it. You're the ultimate troll. Not some cookie cutter QB who can't handle a little push-back from a vet reporter?

Also seemed very irate when he said "you dont play, you dont know". Again not very Baker-like but w/e.

A dictionary definition of "Defensive"
"excessively concerned with guarding against the real or imagined threat of criticism, injury to one's ego, or exposure of one's shortcomings."

JJ is about done. He hasn't been playing well at all. This has been discussed much on nfl.com. They couldn't agree whether this would even hurt HOU.

Not a good news at all for Houston...

Aqib Talib will remain in Los Angeles to rehab

The Dolphins traded for Aqib Talib on Tuesday, but the cornerback may never report to the team.

Talib is on injured reserve with a rib injury and becomes a free agent in March.

The Dolphins, who acquired a fifth-round choice in exchange for taking on the rest of Talib’s salary, have given Talib permission to continue his rehab in Los Angeles.

“He’s in a rehab program in L.A.,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Wednesday, via Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “We talked about that. He’s not eligible to come back for a period of time. He’s going to rehab in L.A. for a little bit, and we’ll take it from there. That’s the conversation I had with him.”

Talib becomes eligible to return from injured reserve in Week 15, but the Dolphins can bring back only two players and likely want to use them on players who factor into their future. Defensive end Jonathan Ledbetter, rookie linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel and offensive tackle Julien Davenport are candidates to return from IR.

So Talib is unlikely ever to see the field for the Dolphins.

Wrong thread

First we learned that the Bengals benched Andy Dalton as his birthday present. Now, we learn more.

Dalton, who rarely says anything that's even remotely controversial, made it clear that if he was going to be benched, he would have liked it to happen well before the deadline so that his agent could've worked out a possible trade to get him out of Cincinnati.

"I think that's an unfortunate thing," Dalton said of the timing, via the team's official website. "It happened three hours before the trade deadline. If [coach Zac Taylor] was thinking about it, at least let us try to see if I could end up somewhere else or at least see if there was interest in possibly getting traded at that point. The way it was all handled, there wasn't enough time to even have that happen."

Dalton also said that he never got a chance to talk to anyone in the front office, which made it harder to possibly get any type of potential trade in place.

Andy Dalton calls out Bengals over timing of benching, was hoping to get traded before deadline

Bengals gonna Bengal, and all. But, even for them, this is ridiculous.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back