PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 9 discussion: Commanders @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Hard to scout this one before the trade deadline. Commanders might be trading some of their defensive players so who knows what things will look like.

Sam Howell yesterday against the Eagles: 39/52 397 yards 4 TD 1 INT 114 rating. Our old friend Brisket backs up Howell (for now). Nice bounce back from a poor game against the Giants. RB Brian Robinson Jr is a guy to watch on that offense.

Pats are -2.5 favorites at home to Washington. Sounds about right at the moment but I wouldn't bet anything until after Tuesday this could change if the Commanders unload their defensive players.

The Commanders played well against the eagles so it maybe a tight game

The Commanders played well against the eagles so it maybe a tight game
They always play the Eagles close. Had to watch the game yesterday as Pats weren't on here but Howell was playing pitch and catch with his receivers all game ( fitting it in tight windows like a real NFL QB) and I am not optimistic that Pats can keep up if it becomes a shootout..
There were also many times, his receivers were wide open based on a bunch formation so that bears watching....

They should start Zappe versus Howell for the ultimate 2022 Draft Mid Rd ~6'0.5" QB bragging rights. If Howell prevails, then BB gets to fire whoever made the strong recommendation to draft Zap. If it came straight from the top, well BB you know what to do.

Pats are -2.5 favorites at home to Washington. Sounds about right at the moment but I wouldn't bet anything until after Tuesday this could change if the Commanders unload their defensive players.
So you're saying Pats might get some ref calls this week?

They always play the Eagles close. Had to watch the game yesterday as Pats weren't on here but Howell was playing pitch and catch with his receivers all game ( fitting it in tight windows like a real NFL QB) and I am not optimistic that Pats can keep up if it becomes a shootout..
There were also many times, his receivers were wide open based on a bunch formation so that bears watching....
Imagine if the Pats picked Howell in the 4th round in that draft who was on everyone's radar in that position instead of Zappe who was on nobody's... Mac's seat would probably be hotter right now than it is.

Imagine if the Pats picked Howell in the 4th round in that draft who was on everyone's radar in that position instead of Zappe who was on nobody's... Mac's seat would probably be hotter right now than it is.
Every time I see a Howell highlight I think back to the Zappe draft day video of his agent calling him losing her **** saying “you got drafted ahead of Sam!!!” (Howell)… Yeah… Great

The ultimate grudge match between @Triumph and @Ring 6 . Sadly their trash talk is likely to be more entertaining than the game itself.
No. This game won’t determine whether Washington is a good team or a bad team, in fact it’s pretty much already over, they are bad.

Wow Howell gets sacked a lot. 9 sacks against the Bills.... yikes. He's on NFL record pace.

Don't know that's more on him or the Commanders OL.

1698680359727.png

This will be a Saints like game. Their DL could rough up the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back