PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say he's doing normal cheetah things today, whatever that means. Purring at teammates and chewing zebras or something.

If he plays, hopefully Peppers gives him a good shot early to really see how well that hip is doing. I'm not saying hurt the guy, just make sure he's feeling it the rest of the game.

I am baffled that the team has not already rid itself, by whatever means is most advantageous, of the obviously failed JJSS and Parker. They are virtually useless. Given his toxic attitude, Parker is - as he has been on and off his entire career - a net negative. Some might say they "give us the best chance to win at present." First off, in my mind, that's horseshit. They blow. Second, even if so, it is far more valuable in what is likely a lost season to develop and evaluate the younger players this year to discover what they can be than it is to cover Bill's ass given what a lousy job it was taking them on in the first place. Sometimes this team - this GM or HC - is awfully goddamned slow to do that which should obviously be done - draft O-linemen, or sit aging stumblebums, say - or to avoid doing that which is patently stupid, like benching a perfectly good developing player either because of a predictable rookie/newbie mistake, or because one of his blowbuddy coaches doesn't like the cut of the guy's jib or he shows a lack of avidity in kissing FOB ass.

Heh, that was a spicy meatball.

Last edited:
7 WRs on the 53 is a lot of guys. Plus Slater makes 8. I have a feeling one of these guys ends up traded or on IR by next week.
Slater doesn’t count as a WR any more than Mafi does.
Boutte doesn’t seem ready to contribute. So with juju injured that’s 5 realistic players, which is a good game day number.

It actually seems Tarik might not play, or play gimpy,

Hey! I find myself slipping like some fanboy automaton in the direction of picking the Pats. Maybe I'll rewatch the New Orleans game to get my head screwed back on straight.

I am baffled that the team has not already rid itself, by whatever means is most advantageous, of the obviously failed JJSS and Parker. They are virtually useless. Given his toxic attitude, Parker is - as he has been on and off his entire career - a net negative. Some might say they "give us the best chance to win at present." First off, in my mind, that's horseshit. They blow. Second, even if so, it is far more valuable in what is likely a lost season to develop and evaluate the younger players this year to discover what they can be than it is to cover Bill's ass given what a lousy job it was taking them on in the first place. Sometimes this team - this GM or HC - is awfully goddamned slow to do that which should obviously be done - draft O-linemen, or sit aging stumblebums, say - or to avoid doing that which is patently stupid, like benching a perfectly good developing player either because of a predictable rookie/newbie mistake, or because one of his blowbuddy coaches doesn't like the cut of the guy's jib or he shows a lack of avidity in kissing FOB ass.

Heh, that was a spicy meatball.
Sad.

I picked against the Pats again...hopefully ..that works out :p

They already beat us.We are not perceived as a threat to their playoff seeding. KC is. If they beat KC and finish tied W-L it could be a tie breakah.
Can't see them looking past a division opponent regardless of record.

If the Pats beat them then we're 2 games back of the Dolphins, cinch a .500 division record and the "tiebreaker" over them would be in our favor because of better conference record... not that it matters since we wouldn't be tied yet but it might change the complexion of the season...

Can't see them looking past a division opponent regardless of record.

If the Pats beat them then we're 2 games back of the Dolphins, cinch a .500 division record and the "tiebreaker" over them would be in our favor because of better conference record... not that it matters since we wouldn't be tied yet but it might change the complexion of the season...
Yeah and overall the first goal of a team should be to wrap up the division first

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Mostert might still be out, and Achane is still out. Hill might play but he won't be 100%, and Waddle is also dealing with something.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
So much for Phins holding out for KC. I think McDaniel sees beating Bill's D as a challenge he looks forward to.
I wonder what cool quirky odd ball behavior that funny quirky guy is gonna do this time around

Or maybe not…

It would be amazing only 3 months removed from knee surgery. Initial estimate was December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents