PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 maps are out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who picks this crap? I have seen the Chargers every week. They have been on primetime a ton too.

Apparently the NFL thought they were going to be better.

im sick of the ******* chargers, they usually start off slow anyways.

I'll start by assuming that you are close enough to be getting your television signal from a Pittsburgh station.

The NFL forbids any other games from being broadcast in a team's local market when they are playing at home. This is done presumably to (a) insure that fans with tickets go to the game and spend more money rather than stay at home (and spend no money) watching a better game on tv, and (b) to get those same fans to support Sunday Ticket sales directly (purchasing it for themselves at home) or indirectly (patronizing a sports bar that subscribes to the Sunday Ticket.) So the bottom line is no early game (including the Pats this week) alternative to the Steelers game in your area.

The NFL does want each network to show at least one game in every market, so CBS will air a late game where you are, even though it is a Fox doubleheader this weekend. The only CBS late games are the Jets at the Raiders or the Bills at the Panthers, so that is why you'll get NYJ-Oakland. At least there will be an alternative on Fox.

For your first question, kind of, my local CBS station is from Altoona, but my local ABC station is from Pittsburgh. And unfortunately I think you are right with your explanation on how home town team broadcasts work since I never can watch a Pats game on TV at the same time as a Steelers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back