PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 Late Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Raiders promptly lose the toss. Unbelievable. Will Tom Cable be the first interim coach fired after two weeks? I wouldn't put it past Davis.

Maybe if this would have happened against the Broncos.

BTW, wasn't the theme of this week by the national media about how the Colts and Manning were back in playoff form and so were the Chargers? Oh well, so much for the themes of last week. Both are just average teams.

The Colts are about to drop to 3-3 (should be 1-5) and the Chargers are 3-4 and about to head to England.

Oh yeah, they are both in playoff form. Sure does look like it. :rolleyes:

Sacked!

Raiders are getting the ball.

Jets-Raiders should end in a tie. Neither team deserves a W.

I am predicting that this game will end in a tie.

EDIT: Looks like patchick beat me to it.

Last edited:
Raiders almost had the game-ender there.

Gotta love Brett Favre. Big 3rd and 4 play in overtime and he throws what should have been an easy pick. I still don't get why the media still gives this guy God-like status. He is an average QB who can deliver either the pass for the ages type of play or the huge heartbreaker play from time to time.

Jets-Raiders should end in a tie. Neither team deserves a W.

The way their offenses are playing, I think you may be right.

How awful are the Raiders?

Russell is TERRIBLE. I cannot fathom how he went #1 overall. The pick made no sense at the time, and still doesn't. The guy never ran anything approaching a pro offense at LSU, never demonstrated much talent beyond having a great arm and scrambling around, never displayed the ability to go through reads quickly and throw accurate passes, and never should have been drafted in the first round, let alone #1 overall. The dysfunction of the Raiders at it's worst.

If the Jets keep it on the ground, they'll win.

Russell is TERRIBLE. I cannot fathom how he went #1 overall.

:ditto:

Ooh, he's big! And look at how strong his arm is! Ooh, and did I mention he's big?

Russell was a huge boom-or-bust prospect, with better odds on bust. You just can't commit vast guaranteed money to that kind of guy.

Favre fumbles. If it wasn't for luck (a good bounce out of bounds and Huff not being able to hold onto a gift INT), Favre should have single handily lost this game for the Jets on the last two drives.

:ditto:

Ooh, he's big! And look at how strong his arm is! Ooh, and did I mention he's big?

Russell was a huge boom-or-bust prospect, with better odds on bust. You just can't commit vast guaranteed money to that kind of guy.

More like a small bust-or-huge bust prospect. I didn't see much in the way of upside with him as a quarterback. A strong arm can't make up for the inability to read defenses.

Of course as I say this, Russell completes two wide open passes, off of poorly timed blitzes.

Mistakes are contagious in Oakland. Dropped pass that possibly would've got them in field goal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe