PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 6 Other NFL Games

A healthy fully loaded covid free Patriots would destroy the Chiefs, Bills, and any unfortunate team that came in their paths.

Jets are saying "hold my beer."
If Trevor is smart, he stays in school another year and avoids the green cesspool down Jersey way.
Or just pull an Eli and make it known that he won’t play for NYJ.

Its more than that. 28-3. Greatest comeback in SB history. I dont another qb in history who can do that. I saw all the best clutch qbs: unitas, montana, brady. Mahomes has fone NOTHING close to that.
But thats only one example. What he did to one of the historically greatest Ds in history vs. seattle down double digits in the 4th qtr has also never been matched. Thst was the 2bd greatest comeback in SB history. Bradys 4th qtr #'s in both those SBs were off the chain. Never done before or since.
And then what he did vs balt in afcc before the seattle SB. He came back from TWO 14 pt deficits in the same game.
Nobody has ever been more clutch in BIG playoff and SB games than Brady. Many many times.
Theres a very unique and rare skill in being your greatest in the most impossible moments. Iver and over and over again.
Ive only seen 3 alltime great athletes do that: Ali, MJ and Brady. Period.
Mahomes is a great young qb.
I seriously doubt he will even come close to what Bradys done
Mahomes needs to win 4 more to at least even be in the same breath of TB12.

Given his massive contract I think he'll surpass the stats path of Manning and Brees and be the greatest stats passer. His salary and the cap will hinder getting to 5 rings

That is debatable but I agree with everything else. I don't think every team or player has the same amount of luck that happens for them.

may not be the exact same but I wouldn’t say considerably more or less than the average. We would have had to have been considerably unlucky to win fewer than 5 titles and considerably lucky to win more than 7 given that we went to the afcc or further 15 times.

Who makes these rules?
Jim Brown played in one NFL Championship game (and lost) and is considered the NFL's all-time greatest RB

That and also have a prime of 20+ years with 3 league MVPS and be the statistical leader in every major passing category for both the regular season and post-season. I mean Brady's resume is mammoth.

Who makes these rules?
Jim Brown played in one NFL Championship game (and lost) and is considered the NFL's all-time greatest RB
He won with them the 1964 Championship.

Right or wrong, the perception will always be that Montana belongs in the conversation with his 4-0 record as a starter in Super Bowls. I don't think that means what people think it means but that's the perception. He's even still being compared to Brady because of that.

He doesn't have a daddy Manning like crybaby Eli did.
Fair enough. And he doesn’t have another sport to play like Elway with the Yankees in dealing with the Baltimore Colts.

Right or wrong, the perception will always be that Montana belongs in the conversation with his 4-0 record as a starter in Super Bowls. I don't think that means what people think it means but that's the perception. He's even still being compared to Brady because of that.
I don't know how you could have a GOAT discussion that doesn't include Montana. Brady's body of work gives him the title, but Joe did more than just win 4 Super Bowls. Him and Bill Walsh changed the game. He doesn't have the gawdy passing stats but he also played in an era where quarterbacks were allowed to be hit and receivers were allowed to be touched.

I don't know how you could have a GOAT discussion that doesn't include Montana. Brady's body of work gives him the title, but Joe did more than just win 4 Super Bowls. Him and Bill Walsh changed the game. He doesn't have the gawdy passing stats but he also played in an era where quarterbacks were allowed to be hit and receivers were allowed to be touched.
Agreed but I don't think that's the only argument for GOAT. I think Jim Kelly changed the game too but I wouldn't say he's GOAT. Where Brady trumps everyone other than rings has to be his longetivity playing at a high level. We're talking two mini dynasties a decade apart and Brady contributing a lot to both. Doubt that ever happens again. In many ways he's been the face of the league for a while now.

Is there really an argument for Montana over Brady as GOAT at this point? the "undefeated in Super Bowls" one is not a great one imo.

Agreed but I don't think that's the only argument for GOAT. I think Jim Kelly changed the game too but I wouldn't say he's GOAT. Where Brady trumps everyone other than rings has to be his longetivity playing at a high level. We're talking two mini dynasties a decade apart and Brady contributing a lot to both. Doubt that ever happens again. In many ways he's been the face of the league for a while now.

Is there really an argument for Montana over Brady as GOAT at this point? the "undefeated in Super Bowls" one is not a great one imo.
He changed the game, won Super Bowls, played at a high level for a long time. I already gave the nod to Brady, but if you're gonna have a discussion then Montana is in it, probably at #2. Then you probably look at Brees, Manning and Favre in some order. Possibly Elway?

Reactions: sb1
He changed the game, won Super Bowls, played at a high level for a long time. I already gave the nod to Brady, but if you're gonna have a discussion then Montana is in it, probably at #2. Then you probably look at Brees, Manning and Favre in some order. Possibly Elway?
Agreed. Yeah I wasn't trying to say Montana is not among the GOATs he definitely is. Marino should be there too. If he threw for 4800 yards in his era he'd probably have a lot more than that in the modern game in his prime.

may not be the exact same but I wouldn’t say considerably more or less than the average. We would have had to have been considerably unlucky to win fewer than 5 titles and considerably lucky to win more than 7 given that we went to the afcc or further 15 times.
We should've won 10 championships...easily.

Who makes these rules?
Get your facts straight. He WON.
And he is BY FAR the greatest nfl rb. Nobody is even a close 2nd
And until very recently, he was also considered the GOAT nfl player until Brady passed him. If you saw him play, you would never question it. He dominated the nfl more than ANY player Ive ever seen. Brady is the GOAT player imo but there are probably as many( or more) nfl pundits who would still say Jim Brown.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back