PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 5 NFL games discussion

Remember Dak is playing on the Franchise tag, this is why players hate the tag, he should have gotten the payday that Watson got. Instead he will go into free agency rehabbing a gruesome injury.

tough break for Dak, let’s see what Jerrah does
This stinks for Dak. He's a good kid who works hard and stays clean off the field. The franchise tag shows how clearly this league is really a two tiered salary system. Most players in the NFL can only dream about being franchised once in their career and most will never get a sniff of a tag. It's why the tag still exists. If it was important to the majority of the member of the NFLPA, it would be gone by now.
That the franchise tag still exists really demonstrates how poorly the NFLPA functions or rather, doesn't function.

Reactions: TBR
That sucks for Dak. I think he’ll still get his massive contract regardless. Dallas wasn’t going anywhere this year anyway.

Well yes and no. They won’t win a playoff game with him, but he’ll win you some games. Might be better off getting a top 5 pick.
Fair

Dr Chao:

on a side note, the NFC east is such a disgrace

Logan Ryan injured Dak

Tough day for Jimmy.

I would still take him.

Dak rolled the dice taking the franchise tag instead of coming to terms. Sucks that he got injured.

I knew the 49ers were banged up but getting smoked at home to the Dolphins it not a good sign. Not sure what the contract situation is but Jimmy G seems to have settled in closer to a mid level QB than a franchise one. Expected him to be better.

lol at Joe Judge stealing the eligible lineman trick from BB for that extra 2 points.

Mistake of a lifetime and he should fire his agent

No idea how they convinced him he was somehow deserving of more money than Russel Wilson without any of the success.
I agree. He wanted Wilson type money without any playoff success. They got greedy and saw how well it worked for Kirk Cousins taking the tag each year. Problem is you can’t control getting injured.

Patriots opponents have a combined record of 13-6

Steelers opponents have a combined record of 3-14-1

We’d be 4-0 with their schedule imo

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference