PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We SHOULD murder this team. Their defense is excellent, but they’re led by a turnover machine on offense. But it’s a division game and we tend to stay primarily in a zone shell when we play mobile QBs which can sometimes give them easy completions. In all, we have no excuse not to win this game. If we lose this one, it’s because we beat ourselves. I’d also imagine this would be the beginning of Bill’s seat heating up if that happens.

Good thing we benched him after he fumbled Sunday night.

There was the comment from BoB that it was because he wasn't factored into the gameplan as much.

Which. I mean. I could see Douglas maybe not being able to roll with the no huddles all that well given he's new? But uhh. He was benched immediately following a fumble. Seems BoB was reaching there or something.

Yes, bench him now so he doesn't fumble in a playoff game.
I’ll do you one better - don’t even qualify for the playoffs. That way, it’s impossible for him to fumble in a playoff game. BB once again playing Chess while everyone else is playing Checkers.

There was the comment from BoB that it was because he wasn't factored into the gameplan as much.

Which. I mean. I could see Douglas maybe not being able to roll with the no huddles all that well given he's new? But uhh. He was benched immediately following a fumble. Seems BoB was reaching there or something.
Nah. He was just lying to cover his boss’s ass.

We SHOULD murder this team. Their defense is excellent, but they’re led by a turnover machine on offense. But it’s a division game and we tend to stay primarily in a zone shell when we play mobile QBs which can sometimes give them easy completions. In all, we have no excuse not to win this game. If we lose this one, it’s because we beat ourselves. I’d also imagine this would be the beginning of Bill’s seat heating up if that happens.
This will be a good matchup to test BoB creativity in a game plan and in game adjustments because on paper their d line will smash our o line

Increasingly feeling like Belichick is in his "Tony Soprano in Season 6 when the empire is coming to an end" era.
I hope not. I still hope we can turn it around this year, but the AFC is going to be a gauntlet and the AFC East won’t be an easy road either.

This will be a good matchup to test BoB creativity in a game plan and in game adjustments because on paper their d line will smash our o line
Yep. To date, their OL still cannot pick up a stunt to save their lives. Dallas was killing them with stunts and twists the entire game on Sunday.

Yep. To date, their OL still cannot pick up a stunt to save their lives. Dallas was killing them with stunts and twists the entire game on Sunday.
That as well yes, parsons was all over the place either too fast in a speed rush for the OT or just run without being blocked right through A and B gaps.

BOB said today that Pop’s lack of snaps had more to do with them being in no-huddle a lot and the types of packages they were running, and Pop’s relative lack of knowledge of the full playbook, as opposed to a benching. Makes some sense. He’s a rookie and also coming from a lower level of competition in college (Liberty). May take time to get up to speed on the whole playbook.

Putting Douglas on a timeout for his boo boo EARLY in the game will do more harm than good. He will start running with the ball with two hands in a straight line like Gillislee and Ridley.

Not getting behind 2 scores before halftime would be an improvement. Against this team we could still mount a comeback, but they need to jump on a lead early this week.

Clean game, no turnovers -- Wilson will do that when you give him time.

21-14, W

This game will hinge on the Patriots being able to run the ball. That's it in a nutshell.

BOB said today that Pop’s lack of snaps had more to do with them being in no-huddle a lot and the types of packages they were running, and Pop’s relative lack of knowledge of the full playbook, as opposed to a benching. Makes some sense. He’s a rookie and also coming from a lower level of competition in college (Liberty). May take time to get up to speed on the whole playbook.

im starting to like this homer comedy routine . keep'em coming : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST