PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: NFL Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Right sentiment, bad delivery. He could have focused on the difficulty of the decision - it is a multi-billion dollar business that impacts thousands of employees. But to say "How?" is a bit crass.
Yeah I don't think he should get all the heat he's getting over it though

He dared to have a nuanced opinion, noting the players' reactions were very different compared to other times a scary looking injury occurred, while correctly stating that in the past, it's typically moved-on from within 5-10 minutes. All while still being empathetic about the whole situation.

He should've stuck to the generic script of: "Hey I'm posting about #currentthing happening too! So awful #prayersUP for Damar this is scary!".

1672717289343.png

He dared to have a nuanced opinion, noting the players' reactions were very different compared to other times a scary looking injury occurred, while correctly stating that in the past, it's typically moved-on from within 5-10 minutes. All while still being empathetic about the whole situation.

He should've stuck to the generic script of: "Hey I'm posting about #currentthing happening too! So awful #prayersUP for Damar this is scary!".

View attachment 48763
Ya, Skip is a typical talking head shythead, but there was nothing wrong with what he said.

People looking to get offended. As usual.

You gotta be pretty pumped about the Jags. I’m going to that game Saturday night. Bought nosebleeds today. If you’re there, head to the Clevelander Deck (or whatever they call it now) and look for a guy wearing a black Patriots hat.
Mannnn I wish I would be there. I am excited and nervous. Titans have historically had our number so we will see

The human body is at once incredibly resilient and tough, and incredibly fragile. And it's just random chance that keeps this sort of thing from happening far more often.
Amen. I went from seeing a doc for the first time in over 10 years (because I was feeling totally rotten), to a call the next day telling me to go to the ER NOW!, to 8 days in cardiac care facing the potential multi-bypass or worse (the phrase transplant was used).

Now, if my MRI is good on Friday, I may get by with two stents. The third blockage is bypassing itself (blood vessels have grown around it). I saw the images - freaking amazing to see that the human body could do that.

Not trying to make this a me post - just trying to explain why I have faith in the med professionals out there. If there is any way to save Hamlin, they will.

Hopefully, the mob will catch him. He's a piece of ****.
What was wrong with what he said? I think he was just thinking out loud like many of us here

It also has direct ramifications on draft picks and rookie salary allocation. The two teams on the bye won't pick higher than 23. And that can make a difference if the picks have been traded to other teams. If Buffalo get's knocked out early, should they get a higher seeded pick because their record has 1 fewer game in it?
FWIW, it's based on winning percentages, not actual numbers.

What was wrong with what he said? I think he was just thinking out loud like many of us here
which is why Twitter sucks. No one needs to know what someone else is thinking at any given moment, and no one should feel the need to post to the world what they are thinking at any given moment. Just a stupid platform.

Last edited:
I think he could've said it more compassionately.

In any case, he doesn't even get the worst mediot comment award, not by a longshot.
FlhDyk3WIAMqfKu

• Wow!
Reactions: sb1
which is why Twitter sucks. No one needs to know what something else is thinking at any given moment, and no one should feel the need to post to the world what they are thinking at any given moment. Just a stupid platform.

Emotion Reaction GIF

The poster you are responding to is useless. He’s a drive-by dislike machine addicted to fake empathy so that he can stand out from the crowd and get a few positive reactions on his post for some dopamine hits. Pay him no mind. There’s nothing wrong with what Bayless said. People are acting like Bayless posted “I hope he dies lololol.” They need to go outside and touch grass.

Looks like this person is Hamlin’s marketing rep, seems to be legitimate.
Local marketing rep. Not his agent, but they handle local appearances, etc. All players usually have them, some even work with the same one. Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri, Tedy Bruschi, Lonie Paxton - way back when - all had the same one.

Really great that Hamlin's guy is in touch with them and could send out that update.

Last edited:
The poster you are responding to is useless. He’s a drive-by dislike machine addicted to fake empathy so that he can stand out from the crowd and get a few positive reactions on his post for some dopamine hits. Pay him no mind. There’s nothing wrong with what Bayless said. People are acting like Bayless posted “I hope he dies lololol.” They need to go outside and touch grass.
yeah, he didn't pull a Drago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe