PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: NFL Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently between St Kitts & St Maarten, and I haven’t checked any other sites, so sorry I didn’t mean to be snappish…
NP. NFL changed the rules because they cancelled the CIN-BUF game. Basically, if KC, BUF & CIN all win this week, then KC gets #1 seed, but if AFCCG is between KC-BUF or KC-CIN, then it will be played in a neutral stadium. No AFCCG in Arrowhead if it's between those teams.

Your definition of easy is the problem here. The notion that it's easy to assign a loss to a team that was close in a game that was nowhere near over, and has nothing approaching such a regulation, is not a notion held by any of the other major U.S. sports, and for good reason. Even baseball, the one sport that allows for shortened games, requires a significant chunk of the game to have been played, with the trailing team having gotten equal opportunity.
Yeah. What they did is much easier. There’s a chance of multiple playoff games in the AFC being played at a neutral site, so there’s also a chance that KC gets screwed out of HFA at some point even though they weren’t even involved in the game. The easiest thing the NFL could have done was called game at 7-3, since both teams consciously chose not to continue, and one team consciously hopped on a flight home.

They have an extra fecking week of BS built into the schedule before the SB. Why the feck did they not utilize that week and finish this game is beyond ridiculous. They could have played it in Pittsburgh and not made the Bills return to Cincy of they wanted. Once again the NYFL screws up. Glad the Pats won't be affected by this other than the entire country rooting for the Bills this Sunday against Mac "dirty hit" Jones.

Yeah. What they did is much easier. There’s a chance of multiple playoff games in the AFC being played at a neutral site, so there’s also a chance that KC gets screwed out of HFA at some point even though they weren’t even involved in the game. The easiest thing the NFL could have done was called game at 7-3, since both teams consciously chose not to continue, and one team consciously hopped on a flight home.
Dude no. When is a game called after only 9 minutes played? Never.

There's only one game that could be played at a neutral site (AFCCG) not multiple.

F*ck KC.

Dude no. When is a game called after only 9 minutes played? Never.

When was the last time two teams decided not to play out the rest of the game, and the losing team flew home?

There's only one game that could be played at a neutral site (AFCCG) not multiple.

Correct here. That was my mistake. If the Ravens beat the Bengals on Sunday, the site would be determined via coin flip even though the Bengals already won the division.

I agree, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t getting screwed if Buffalo advances to the AFCCG. The latter would benefit because they made the conscious decision not to continue a game in Week 17.

1935 was the last time NFL teams did not finish the season playing the same number of games. 1935!!

When was the last time two teams decided not to play out the rest of the game, and the losing team flew home?
There was no way that game was going to be finished that night, obviously. Imagine if the kid had died on the way to the hospital.
Correct here. That was my mistake. If the Ravens beat the Bengals on Sunday, the site would be determined via coin flip even though the Bengals already won the division.
That's the one F*cked up thing about this. If Bengals win on Sun, there shouldn't be any f* king coin flip.
I agree, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t getting screwed if Buffalo advances to the AFCCG. The latter would benefit because they made the conscious decision not to continue a game in Week 17.
F*ck KC! Lol

There was no way that game was going to be finished that night, obviously. Imagine if the kid had died on the way to the hospital.

That’s fine and everything, but both teams still chose not to play the game and the Bills decided to fly home (away from the teammate they were so concerned about). Decisions have consequences. In the absence of being able to play out the game, the game should have been called at the time of it ending - a 7-3 win for the Bengals.

game was cancelled, should go by winning %, it's in the rules. Of course the NFL screws it up and now we might have neutral sites and coin tosses. What a bunch of nitwits.

game was cancelled, should go by winning %, it's in the rules. Of course the NFL screws it up and now we might have neutral sites and coin tosses. What a bunch of nitwits.
They're just trying to avoid negativity.

1935 was the last time NFL teams did not finish the season playing the same number of games. 1935!!
Also in 1935, the first canned beer is sold in Richmond, Virginia. Five months later Alcoholics Anonymous is founded.

So the easiest thing they could have done was to completely undo all of NFL history and the NFL approach to games? Again, this is a problem with your defining of "easy".

NP. NFL changed the rules because they cancelled the CIN-BUF game. Basically, if KC, BUF & CIN all win this week, then KC gets #1 seed, but if AFCCG is between KC-BUF or KC-CIN, then it will be played in a neutral stadium. No AFCCG in Arrowhead if it's between those teams.

Still don’t like it because KC still receives a Golden Ticket to the AFCC.

In between all these alcoholic beverages with umbrellas in them, I’ve come to this conclusion; and that is:

The Barfalo - Cincy game should have continued that Very Night. The criminally incompetent zebra in charge should’ve sent the players to their locker rooms Immediately after the ambulance left the stadium and told them to Immediately return to the playing field once word of his up-dated condition became known.

And sorry Not sorry, but players are taken-away from games in carts and in some cases ambulances Every. Single. Week. And Not F ucking One of those games were “postponed” (wink-wink). And does anyone really believe that if the f ucking filthy maggots in Kans-ass Sh!tty weren’t poised to become the #1 seed because of this that matters would’ve been handled exactly the same anyway? Of course they wouldn’t have been.

The feminazification of the NYFL continues apace, and this once-great sport is being Destroyed because Chicks Dig the Long Ball, and because feelings matter more than facts… In the words of Mr Taggert, I am depressed.

In between all these alcoholic beverages with umbrellas in them, I’ve come to this conclusion; and that is:

The Barfalo - Cincy game should have continued that Very Night. The criminally incompetent zebra in charge should’ve sent the players to their locker rooms Immediately after the ambulance left the stadium and told them to Immediately return to the playing field once word of his up-dated condition became known.

And sorry Not sorry, but players are taken-away from games in carts and in some cases ambulances Every. Single. Week. And Not F ucking One of those games were “postponed” (wink-wink). And does anyone really believe that if the f ucking filthy maggots in Kans-ass Sh!tty weren’t poised to become the #1 seed because of this that matters would’ve been handled exactly the same anyway? Of course they wouldn’t have been.

The feminazification of the NYFL continues apace, and this once-great sport is being Destroyed because Chicks Dig the Long Ball, and because feelings matter more than facts… In the words of Mr Taggert, I am depressed.
Did you watch the game?

So the easiest thing they could have done was to completely undo all of NFL history and the NFL approach to games? Again, this is a problem with your defining of "easy".
The last time a game wasn’t completed, as has been noted here, was 1935. 88 years ago. This WAS something of historical significance. The game concluded at the time both teams refused to take the field after Hamlin went down, and became much harder to reschedule when the Bills hopped on a flight that night. My definition of “easy” doesn’t need work. Just conclude the game right there.

Indianapolis declined to hold the AFC Championship there.

Hotels already all booked up.

Detroit, Minneapolis, Las Vegas all still in the running. One more city but I forget who it is. Gotta be a dome though.

Its going to be like a mini Super Bowl with astronomical prices for tickets. Downtown domes like Minneapolis are not conducive for tailgating. Arrowhead and Buffalo are the best tailgating spots in the NFL.

Indianapolis declined to hold the AFC Championship there.

Hotels already all booked up.

Detroit, Minneapolis, Las Vegas all still in the running. One more city but I forget who it is. Gotta be a dome though.

Its going to be like a mini Super Bowl with astronomical prices for tickets. Downtown domes like Minneapolis are not conducive for tailgating. Arrowhead and Buffalo are the best tailgating spots in the NFL.
They could have gotten a banner out of it....

5542886.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back