PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: NFL Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bills win and KC loses, isn't Buffalo the 1 seed with home field advantage -- not a neutral site...? Because that's how it would work even if you gave the Bills a loss against Bengals.

The Bengals would have the 1 seed in that scenario if they win Sunday and there was a 3 way tie. The Bengals already beat the Chiefs this season.

The Bengals would have the 1 seed in that scenario if they win Sunday and there was a 3 way tie. The Bengals already beat the Chiefs this season.
That's not possible: KC 13 wins, CIN 11 wins.

All SBs are played on neutral sites (until TB & LA) playoff games are not.

So how is a neutral Super Bowl site any different than a neutral AFC Championship site? And yes, SBs count as playoff games.

So how is a neutral Super Bowl site any different than a neutral AFC Championship site? And yes, SBs count as playoff games.
Dude don't be stupid. HFA gives you home field during the playoffs leading up to the SB, which is always played in a neutral stadium.

Mahomes has always played every playoff game leading up to the SB at Arrowhead. This year, he'll have to play the AFCCG (if he makes it) at some other stadium. That would be the 1st time in his career that happens. I know you hate it because he's your boy. I love it.

That's not possible: KC 13 wins, CIN 11 wins.

The assumption was the canceled game was a Bills loss for the scenario I quoted. So, the Bengals would have a corresponding W, so they'd be at 13 wins with the win over the Ravens & the canceled game W.

Dude don't be stupid. HFA gives you home field during the playoffs leading up to the SB, which is always played in a neutral stadium.

Mahomes has always played every playoff game leading up to the SB at Arrowhead. This year, he'll have to play the AFCCG (if he makes it) at some other stadium. That would be the 1st time in his career that happens. I know you hate it because he's your boy. I love it.

So now you are changing the goal posts to non-SB playoff games. That's not what you said originally.

My point is that Mahomes has in fact won in the playoffs away from Arrowhead.

edit: never mind

Wow, with Flacco in i think the jets chances of beating miami just went up. Absolutely sucks we need pit and ten to lose still… if wed have just not blown raiders or cincy those 2 wouldn’t be necessary

Wow, with Flacco in i think the jets chances of beating miami just went up. Absolutely sucks we need pit and ten to lose still… if wed have just not blown raiders or cincy those 2 wouldn’t be necessary
Have you seen Flacco play this season? He started 3, went 1-2 with 58.2% completion, a 77.0 rating and 10 sacks with 3 INT & 3 FL. Dude looks like the rock of Gibraltar standing in the pocket. Hasn't played since Week 3. He did have a good game against CLE. I thought White gave them a much better chance.

LOL the Bengals don't appear to be happy with the new proposal. Didn't they make a decision not to play this week? And didn't the Bills leave town? The teams only have themselves to blame if they find the new format unacceptable.
They may be upset that they made the decision about playing based on rules at the time. Those rules were later changed but they can’t change their decision.

that’s why things get messy when you go changing rules in the middle of the game. Or season.

Have you seen Flacco play this season? He started 3, went 1-2 with 58.2% completion, a 77.0 rating and 10 sacks with 3 INT & 3 FL. Dude looks like the rock of Gibraltar standing in the pocket. Hasn't played since Week 3. He did have a good game against CLE. I thought White gave them a much better chance.

White wasnt 100% though. If he tried trotting out there again i have little doubt they fail to score double digits. With Flacco they at least have a decent chance. White at full strength is by far the jets best option yeah.

I love this, KC has to play on the road against BUF/CIN. Probably an NFC stadium.

Not if they beat the Faidahs, which of course has already been pre-determined by Park Avenue.

Honestly, changing the playoffs due to this game not being played is stupid.

If KC finishes 14-3 and Buffalo finishes 13-3, then KC should get the bye and home field advantage in accordance with the rules. Does it suck for Buffalo? Sure. But so would having your staring QB knocked out with a concussion in the 1Q, and your backup coming in and throwing 5 ints.

No one would be calling for playoff changes in that case. It just how the NFL goes.

Completely f ucking different.

So, what you're saying is the Jets are pining for the days of Geno Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back