PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 14: Titans @ Patriots Game Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mercy Derek Carr has not been good so far today.

BB and the open coller fishing shirts. He should wear a bunch of gold chains....

How are they "overrated"? Nobody is suggesting they're among the greatest teams of all time. They are 14-0 with one of the best offenses (statistically) and one of the best defenses (statistically) in the NFL.

I mean, I'd be happy to get them too, because it means the Patriots are once again in the Super Bowl. But that would not be an easy game for the Pats. At all.

They played the AFC South, NFC East and the NFC south twice. This is 12 games of complete dumpster fire quality.

Thats why they are overrated.

An undefeated Panthers team with the NFL MVP (Newton) playing the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots (with 3-time Super Bowl MVP Brady) in Super Bowl 50 would be just an unbelievable story with the greatest hype you've ever seen.

bring on the race card!!!!

stephen a smith and bomani cant wait for that. lol

They played the AFC South, NFC East and the NFC south twice. This is 12 games of complete dumpster fire quality.

You do realize we played the NFC east and AFC south. They Were the number one south ranked team and therefore played Packers, C Hawks and Dallas with a fit Romo.

They had a comparable schedule to us

Cupcake schedule... Alright- we played two of the same conferences they did. Secondly they played Packers and C-Hawks and beat them both.

The AFC East is considerably better than the NFC South.

The Packers were also beaten by the Bears and Lions around the same time. Not really saying much.

They also got the Seahawks exactly at the right time in terms of injuries.

An undefeated Panthers team with the NFL MVP (Newton) playing the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots (with 3-time Super Bowl MVP Brady) in Super Bowl 50 would be just an unbelievable story with the greatest hype you've ever seen.

That's just salivating, not only as a Patriots fan, but as a football fan in general.

Add in the fact that Brady has a chance to come back home, to the stadium belonging to his hometown/childhood team, to possibly eclipse the hometown hero Montana (and Bradshaw) and cement his legacy as the undisputed GOAT.

Sign me up.

You do realize we played the NFC east and AFC south. They Were the number one south ranked team and therefore played Packers, C Hawks and Dallas with a fit Romo.

They had a comparable schedule to us

Yeah, sure go eat up the media narrative about how great they are. I dont care what it says about us, it doesn't change that compared to teams like Arizona the Panthers had an easy schedule.

How often does the MVP win the Superbowl? I'd rather win the Superbowl. Look at all the good Peyton's MVP awards did him
I want it all. MVP, SB MVP, SB of course.

Brady's game fell off a cliff since the Miami game and cam has been playing out of his mind

Our offensive play took a step down after Lewis and Edelman got injured.

Half of Newton's TDs came off short fields because of turnovers. The Washington and Atlanta game alone were simply ridiculous.

Rule 8, Section 5 deals with Pass Interference. The applicable Articles would be Article 1 and 4

ARTICLE 1. DEFINITION. It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS BY THE OFFENSE. Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference.

Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown.

In both cases, the instance is 1 yard beyond the LOS. The PICTURE clearly shows that Martin was NOT 1 yard beyond the LOS. This should finish the discussion with the fact that the wrong call was made by the Refs since Martin was within 1 yard of the LOS.

Brady's game fell off a cliff since the Miami game and cam has been playing out of his mind

The team has hit the wall, mentally, with Brady being the exception. Hopefully they'll find their second wind soon.

But to be fair, it's a very tremendous accomplishment to be defending champions and be at 12-2. That takes a lot of mental toughness.

There's some of the dumbest statements in the game thread, granted most are in the heat of the moment but not all.
I don't know why I even responded to it. Absurd.

The Patriots also played the AFC South and the NFC East. And the AFC East isn't much better than the NFC South. Right now, as I type, the non-Panthers NFC South have a record of 18-23. The non-Patriots AFC East have a record of 20-21. I mean, that's pretty close.

The team has hit the wall, mentally, with Brady being the exception. Hopefully they'll find their second wind soon.

But to be fair, it's a very tremendous accomplishment to be defending champions and be at 12-2. That takes a lot of mental toughness.

With this Guerrero,injuries and ongoing deflategate saga crap I think TB12 has some wear and tear on the brain this year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe