PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

Exactly, it was never H2H
Announcers do get it wrong from time to time, but the scenario is still confusing. GB beat Arizona, but neither GB or Arizona play TB. Games played within the division or common games don't make any sense before the conference record. It looks like there's some wrong information on NFL.com of all places.

Announcers do get it wrong from time to time, but the scenario is still confusing. GB beat Arizona, but neither GB or Arizona play TB. Games played within the division or common games don't make any sense before the conference record. It looks like there's some wrong information on NFL.com of all places.

The H2H, I believe, only applies for ties within the division...which makes sense since teams play all their division opponents twice.

The H2H, I believe, only applies for ties within the division...which makes sense since teams play all their division opponents twice.
H2H applies for conference as well. Here's an example:

In 2018, the Pats and Texans were tied at 11-5. Houston had a better conference record, but lost to the Pats the first game of the year. Pats got the bye.

H2H applies for conference as well. Here's an example:

In 2018, the Pats and Texans were tied at 11-5. Houston had a better conference record, but lost to the Pats the first game of the year. Pats got the bye.

I meant for ties for 3 or more teams that are not in the same division...yes, H2H applies for 2 teams whether division or conference

Weird second half so far

I meant for ties for 3 or more teams that are not in the same division...yes, H2H applies for 2 teams whether division or conference
I don't even a 3 team tie breaker has happened before.

Why are they not keying in on Allen? Put a spy on him. He's their only source of rushing offense.

Things are so bad in Jet land they've started a Mark Sanchez Appreciation Thread over at The Gang Green.

Tampa just going to run the ball with Fournette now to close out the game...

Buffalo is undisciplined.

Chase 2 catches for 15 yards. He’s really fallen off this OROY pace. Not surprised. It’s tougher for receivers than QBs

What a clown McDermott is...you are punting the ball back to Brady down 2 scores?

I'm looking forward to see Justin Fields get humiliated by the Packers tonight.

Evans' best game of the year. Big TD on 3rd down. And some more crucial 3rd down catches.

only way to beat Tampa is the short/quick passing game...it took Buffalo a whole half to figure that out. But it's too late for them lol.

Nothing good has happened when Brady has targetted Brate this year.

"they sure look like they're going for it!!!!"...lay off the crack pipe and Seagrams 7 Tony...idiot

Head to head applies for a 3 (or more) team conference tie breakers only if one team has beaten all the others or lost to all the others. It will not come into play if Tennessee, KC and NE finish tied because Tennessee is 1-1 in head to head, and KC-NE aren't playing.

If Kansas City had beaten Tennessee and all 3 teams finish tied, Tennessee would be the #3 seed by virtue of having lost to each of the other 2 teams. You then move to conference record to determine NE would get #1 and KC #2. But that didn't happen.

Also, please note that division ties are settled first. So if there was, for example, a 4-way tie for best record among NE, KC, TN and Indy, they would first determine who wins the south between TN and Indy, before moving on to a fresh 3-way tie breaker between KC, NE, and whichever team won the division.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back