PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
NE is on the clock....

100% they do. Fields hasn’t been much better than Mac.

Problem…this team isn’t a QB away.

I’d trade down if you can get a haul and fortify the line.
And risk getting cute and select another Cole Strange? No thanks, land where you land and pick where you land….

One thing I will give Patricia credit for is that he could see that Zappe cannot read defenses and dumbed down the offense for him to be able to have quick reads and not have to think too much. That is why he drove down the field on his first drive in the second half today. He just had to throw to his first read.

The Pats cannot go back to Mac again. So they are forced to go with Zappe until they can find a replacement. O'Brien is going to have to do what Patricia did and dumb down the offense for Zappe. It will only work so long, but you cannot leave him up to his own devises.
Depends. If you want a top 2 pick, you stick with Mac or Zappe. If you want some pyrrhic victory by winning a few games, you sign a street guy…anyone really

Saw Mac was starting and said screw it not watching. Then saw the Zappe came in.

So another week of Zappe not getting full starter reps but getting thrown in because of Mac inevitably sucking.

Wasn't able to watch the game (thank God), but the Pats QBs were killing my FF team. I'm playing the Pats defense against the Giants defense. Pat QBs throw three ints giving two short fields to the Giants, aiding the Giant defense and hurting the Pats defense.

Ryland knew what needed to happen and he delivered
LOL. One of the worst picks of the draft!

And BB chose this clown to replace one of the most reliable kickers in the league!

Just to give you a picture straight from NFL reference:

Nick Folk - FG Accuracy
2019 New England 82.4%
2020 New England 92.9%
2021 New England 92.3%
2022 New England 86.5%
2023 Tennessee 95.5%

Chad Ryland - FG Accuracy
2023 New England 66.7%

BB - Nah we don't need an OL to protect the QB or a WR to catch the ball. Yeah let's go for a Kicker! :poop:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back