PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 12 NFL Games

What a season little Danny Woodhead is having :rocker:

Rushing he has 70 carries for 266 yards and 2 touchdowns; receiving he has 59 receptions for 469 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I said long ago that I felt his loss meant more than losing Welker. I guess at the time I felt Amendola was the answer (barring injury). Woodhead brought it every game and was reliable. Vereen, though far more athletically gifted and with better hands, is just not as reliable. We exchanged two of our more reliable players for players that are more physically gifted but, unfortunately, more physically fragile too.

I said long ago that I felt his loss meant more than losing Welker. I guess at the time I felt Amendola was the answer (barring injury). Woodhead brought it every game and was reliable. Vereen, though far more athletically gifted and with better hands, is just not as reliable. We exchanged two of our more reliable players for players that are more physically gifted but, unfortunately, more physically fragile too.
Has Vereen been injury prone besides this year? It seemed kind of flukey to me.

Yeah. He had a bit of a nagging hamstring problem last season, which limited how effective he could be. The broken wrist was a bit of a "flukey" thing, as you put it. We'll see what he can be from here on out, though. His ceiling is definitely higher than that of Woodhead, though Woody has been balling out this season.

McGloin leading the Raiders out of suckitude!

5 carries for 9 nine yards by Trent Richardson.

What a great investment that was. :rolleyes:

Burning a first rounder on another team's bust. I said it then, and I'll say it again, the Colts got fleeced by the Browns. Cleveland got away with larceny.

I can't even really say the Colts got fleeced or that I feel bad for them. What the hell did they see in the film room that made them think so highly of Richardson? Or did they even bother to watch it? I don't know any team, unless the guy is a T.O.-type, that would trade away a first-rounder so early in his career. That alone should have sent the the Colts' collective spidey sense into a craze. Maybe they thought it was an "offensive fit" thing. They thought he'd be better in their offense, but the guy just sucks . . . apparently.

And that's why you just fall on it and not always try to scoop it and run.

Yes he has missed at least 3 games in each of his first 3 season due to injury.

Why would you run it on 3rd and 30? At least try to throw it and hope for a defensive holding or illegal contact.

Is there one ounce of doubt that the Cowboys won't blow this game? I'd love to play therm 16 times per year.

I can't even really say the Colts got fleeced or that I feel bad for them. What the hell did they see in the film room that made them think so highly of Richardson? Or did they even bother to watch it? I don't know any team, unless the guy is a T.O.-type, that would trade away a first-rounder so early in his career. That alone should have sent the the Colts' collective spidey sense into a craze. Maybe they thought it was an "offensive fit" thing. They thought he'd be better in their offense, but the guy just sucks . . . apparently.
They became victims of the moment and in turn became their own worst enemy in the process. They thought by having an elite QB they could get away with this trade despite having a sieve like offense line (perception). People would often falsely blame the Browns' O-Line for Richardson's failures. They're now trying to do the same on the Colts. While it might be true to a degree, Donald Brown is gaining over 5 yards per during the same time-frame that Richardson's under 3 in 8 games with the team.

Jim Brown called it from the get-go, Richardson's ordinary. I'll take that a step further and say that he flat-out sucks.

This wouldn't be a good time for Bryant to have a tantrum.

Romo time looks about now. He is about to give a pick 6

Would love to have kept woody but, we'd be much better off with welker right now than woodhead. Vereen looked real good last week. I don't think Woodhead wanted to come back to be honest. I don't see why he'd want to be a backup. Wish we could get an answer out of him.

Woody Hayes once famously said "there are three things that can happen what you pass, and two of them are bad."

That's basically the kick return on a nutshell. You can either get past the 20, get stopped short of the 20, or get the return called back due to a "block in the back."

Murray carries the football like a loaf of bread him and Ridley must of trained on carrying technique together predraft.

Would love to have kept woody but, we'd be much better off with welker right now than woodhead. Vereen looked real good last week. I don't think Woodhead wanted to come back to be honest. I don't see why he'd want to be a backup. Wish we could get an answer out of him.

No one gets work out of their receiving backs like Phil Rivers does anyway. That whole Norv Turner system just clears out space for guys like him. If I'm Woodhead I realize that I'll essentially be a feature back if I go to SD.

Get it shawtaay said:
No one gets work out of their receiving backs like Phil Rivers does anyway. That whole Norv Turner system just clears out space for guys like him. If I'm Woodhead I realize that I'll essentially be a feature back if I go to SD.
Turner is now the OC in Cleveland. The system is different under their new coach Mike McCoy. Woodhead is good in any system.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back