PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI FM moves OMF to 2PM - 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't the ship Milquetoast Arnold back to Maine where he belongs....

and napalm Gilroy and his finger puppet Alex Reimer....

Dale Arnold is the only sportstalk host who has not lost his mind and maintained some semblance of civility, he was best when paired with Holley.

Ordway is a relic of days past, Merloni is perpetually auditioning for Jerry Remy's slot and Fauria is a tad too goofy for my likes..

The rest are on the conspiracy bandwagon that begs issues, searches for conflicts, resorts to hysteria and looks for hidden meanings in just about anything..

With that being said, seldom listen to any sportstalk radio any more, tired of them trying to make me mad... life is way to short for that BS.

I laugh to myself whenever I hear Ordway referred to as "The Big O." The guy is about 4-foot-10 and shaped like a beach ball. He looks like a leprechaun. Having him back in the prime slot is not good news, the way he constantly pontificates and talks over people. Having to choose between his yammering and Felger's is a bargain from hell, but if forced to choose I'd go with Felger.

Ordway back in the drive time slot is like an 80s movie franchise that has been resurrected for 2018. 1st movie in the 80s was ok but then it got progressively worse. It was rebooted and sucked.

I might give it a listen on the ride home, but I've pretty much given up all sports radio because its all pretty god awful these days

I miss Gresh and Zo

I would rather listen to NY sports radio than Boston.

Here in New York, if you can imagine this, the hosts actually root FOR the local teams.

Last edited:
I will never understand why you guys don't just listen to music or non-sports talk radio at the very least.

I will never understand why you guys don't just listen to music or non-sports talk radio at the very least.
Everyone likes to complain about the choices we have but at least we DO have choices. And amongst all the chaff and pandering we do get valuable info a la breaking news bits. If our local people could have a more positive perspective like the New York sports media it would be to everyone's benefit.

Everyone likes to complain about the choices we have but at least we DO have choices. And amongst all the chaff and pandering we do get valuable info a la breaking news bits. If our local people could have a more positive perspective like the New York sports media it would be to everyone's benefit.

There's also a choice between listening to that and sticking chopsticks through both of my ears. Most of the hosts there haven't, and will never, adopt a positive perspective because people for whatever reason love to tune in, get outraged, and then post about what the hosts said on some medium (such as social media or PatsFans.com, for example) which gets more people to tune in and listen in outrage.

Agree with Konta - the problem in this market is that straight reporting/analysis does not get ratings so making things up and/or taking a partial truth and exaggerating the impact is what we are left with. I doubt many of the hosts even believe 20% of what they say but they realize what moves the needle and stick to their script. We've seen an increase in this approach from Curran, Bedard, Giardi .... of late and I've taken to listening for a minute or 2 to see what is being discussed before mostly moving on after I realize where they are heading.

I've reached the point where unless something is going . on I know has some validity to it I don't bother with sportstalk radio anymore. Not only are the days of it already being on when I turned the key in the car long gone but the stations aren't even on the presets of the older receiver that powers the tunes in my garage anymore. If I ever feel a need to listen to a collection of argumentative idiots spouting nonsensical opinions and mean spiritedly going at it I'd hang out with my in-laws.

Agree with Konta - the problem in this market is that straight reporting/analysis does not get ratings so making things up and/or taking a partial truth and exaggerating the impact is what we are left with. I doubt many of the hosts even believe 20% of what they say but they realize what moves the needle and stick to their script. We've seen an increase in this approach from Curran, Bedard, Giardi .... of late and I've taken to listening for a minute or 2 to see what is being discussed before mostly moving on after I realize where they are heading.
Hey, do you give deep discounts for fellow Pats fans? My mouth needs a lot of work I just can't afford. What is it with dental insurance these days? :mad:

It's mostly because they're full of it. For all their bluster insulting the local hosts, they can't wait to put the radio on. Ordway's been great at his job for decades, Felger trolls the hell out of his audience and they buy it, etc...

Also, the notion that New York is all hugs and kisses while Boston is assassins with daggers for the home team is complete nonsense.

I've reached the point where unless something is going . on I know has some validity to it I don't bother with sportstalk radio anymore. Not only are the days of it already being on when I turned the key in the car long gone but the stations aren't even on the presets of the older receiver that powers the tunes in my garage anymore. If I ever feel a need to listen to a collection of argumentative idiots spouting nonsensical opinions and mean spiritedly going at it I'd hang out with my in-laws.
Don Gillis would not have a job here today.

Also, the notion that New York is all hugs and kisses while Boston is assassins with daggers for the home team is complete nonsense.

I did not say that.

tenor.gif

(but not 'VERY fake news' ;)

Or podcasts. You know, maybe move out of the stone age?

I only listen to sports radio on my commutes, but it's been less since podcasts became so commonplace. Before, it was either music or sports talk. Now there's such an abundance of other options that I'll turn off the talking heads if the conversation shifts even a little bit towards one of these directions:

- Arguments about other radio/TV personalities
- Controversies with no evidence other than "I could see that..."
- Sports I don't follow (golf, soccer, etc)
- 99% of the inanity that occurs on the morning shows

It's too bad, because as a premise I really like sports talk radio. I like hearing opinions about things and getting different perspectives on the games. It's why I frequent Patsfans as often as I do. But that kind of content is so rare nowadays, because ratings are king and the best way to get them is through bombast rather than interesting takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes