PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Wednesday Afternoon Football game thread: Bal @ Pitt

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Is this the last shot at some team beating the Steelers?

I'm torn. I don't want the Steelers to go 16-0 but I so want to say that us beating the Ratbirds knocked them out of the playoffs, and of course if you still think the Pats have a shot at the postseason cheering for a Ratbird loss is the way to go.

Most likely a Steelers rout.

Yeah this is gonna be ugly.

Still can’t believe this and the Broncos game stayed on. As much as i hate the Steelers, gotta pull for em in this one

The NFL crowbarred this game in like Howard Stern crowbars his wife and cats into every show he does. Both of are/will be unlistenable/unwatchable.

Too bad they didn't put this game on Sunday. Wanted to see an NFL team play a double header :D

As much as I hate the Ratbirds, gotta cheer hard for them today. Steelers can't go 16-0. Never hear the end of that.

As much as I hate the Ratbirds, gotta cheer hard for them today. Steelers can't go 16-0. Never hear the end of that.

ill never hear the end of anything regardless. Even just winning their division or hving 8 pro bowlers their fans will never shut up about it. Also with this game being mved back can only imagine the bragging theyll do beating the ravens WITHOUT LAMAR despite being ‘screwed’. Uggh i might hafta change my rooting pref

So no Lamar Jackson? Does Pittsburgh need more help this season? Already have the 1 seed wrapped up?

nothing gets the blood pumping quite like a 3:30pm prime time battle!

Relax.....the Chiefs are still around. Not one bit worried...as we know...the further longer an undefeated season rolls on...so does the pressure weekly....

Even if they approach 16-0 I don't think the pressure will be on them like it was on us. No fans changes things a lot. The Pats were going into hostile stadiums and winning.

Now maybe someone in their media should invent a cheating story and publish it 2 days before the game...

When Steeler fans rag on us about cheating it's cool to remind them that their HOF QB went on the Dan Patrick show and admitted he and his team used steroids during the time period they won 4 of their championships. They'll tell you steroids were legal at the time and banned only after the Ben Johnson scandal in the 80's- but that's not entirely true. They were only "legal" at the time if you used them with a valid prescription. Abusing anabolic steroids as a PED which is what they did, in order to gain an advantage on the field was never legal at any time in the NFL or in this country. More Steelers have died young from heart related ailments as a result of steroid abuse than any other team so if "other teams were doing it" - there was one team doing it to a greater degree it seems.

With their other two titles you can write them off as ref aided (Seahawks game) and Dr. Richard Rydze aided.

0 legit titles. Or I think that's how the argument is supposed to go. :D

Last edited:
16 and 0 doesn't matter for two reasons.

No one can objectively say that this season isn't unlike any other and that the steelers or any other team didn't have an easier route this year.

Plus what does 16 and matter when next year we go to a 17 game schedule.

That said. Steelers getting mouths smacked come playoff time anyhow.

I hope we get a surprise super bowl team in the afc this season but that will be difficult.

Is this the last shot at some team beating the Steelers?
Not at all.

Pittsburgh finishes with four games against teams with winning records.

Week 12: vs Ravens
Week 14: at Bills
Week 16: vs Colts
Week 17: at Browns

Thus far the Steelers are 7-0 vs teams with losing records (with three of those being by 5, 7, and 5 points).
3-0 against teams with winning records (beat Browns 38-7, Titans 27-24, Ravens 28-24).

Pittsburgh has only won by more than ten points three times: vs the Browns when Baker Mayfield was hurt but forced to play due to backups being quarantined; vs the Bengals without Jeff Burrows; and last week vs Jacksonville, who have lost ten in a row and using a third string QB.

We need to catch the Ravens in record for the head-to-head to matter, so I gotta grudgingly hope for a Steelers win.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back