PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

bored waiting GIF

Or was this misspeak as well just like "burn some cash"?
Still waiting! [great meme btw] This has been one of the most discouraging offseasons in memory. I was hoping with the regime change, there would be better FA signings, but it is the same old cheapskate tactics. It worked, sort of, in the past, but no longer. The Patriots are now mired in the basement and no one is going to want play here.

Think he was talking about trading for a WR, not a QB.
Ok, thanks.

I still think one of the key goals is not overpaying. If you are close and really need something that’s different, then you can go above and beyond, but right now it doesn’t make sense. Impatience is their enemy right now. Especially with a big chunk of the fan base freaking out like they have blown their big chance.

Think he was talking about trading for a WR, not a QB.
Still waiting! [great meme btw] This has been one of the most discouraging offseasons in memory. I was hoping with the regime change, there would be better FA signings, but it is the same old cheapskate tactics. It worked, sort of, in the past, but no longer. The Patriots are now mired in the basement and no one is going to want play here.

Yeah Fred, they should have given Ridley 50 million a year, that would have been the key to success.

Chargers are going WR that's a given based on recent moves. I am leading the Trade #3 Club it's our only hope too many Needs. We could have signed Biscuit after the Draft very counter productive. Don't know what they were thinking in signing that scrub so early. :rolleyes:

You must be an exceptional poker player.

You must be an exceptional poker player.
He has always been one of the exceptionals. It wasn’t a short bus. It was an exclusive bus and only the exceptionals were allowed to ride on it.

1710503736623.gif

Curtis Samuel goes to the Bills, an upgrade over the departed Gabe Davis.
Among NFL wide receivers that ran at least 300 routes in 2023, Samuel averaged 9.08 mph within the first second of his routes — a figure that ranked third-fastest in the league according to Next Gen Stats.
Why couldn’t we have gotten a guy like that?

Because you have to pay him more than table scraps and bologna sandwiches.

Buffalo was -35 million and we were +100 million. Three years at $24 million was what he took with the Bills. Granted, we would have to have paid Curtis Samuel more with the millionaire tax and our status at rebuilding. But definitely doable.

Dude was third fastest receiver in the nfl after one second in his route. Nine miles an hour.

Ok, thanks.

I still think one of the key goals is not overpaying. If you are close and really need something that’s different, then you can go above and beyond, but right now it doesn’t make sense. Impatience is their enemy right now. Especially with a big chunk of the fan base freaking out like they have blown their big chance.
Key goal for Kraft? Sure not the fans. Winning is the key goal.

I'm kinda thinking weaponization is over rated....

Trade 3 for Minnesotas 11, 23, and 1st, 3rd in 2025.

Trade 11 and 23, and 2025 2nd to SD for J.Herbert so Harbaugh can pick McCarthy

Because he did not want to play with Brissett as his qb. For some crazy reason he prefers Josh Allen.

Without a good qb or a proven head coach, no good ufa would want to play for pats except as last resort

It is what it is

Trade 3 for Minnesotas 11, 23, and 1st, 3rd in 2025.

Trade 11 and 23, and 2025 2nd to SD for J.Herbert so Harbaugh can pick McCarthy
I would take that top deal in a nanosecond but the trade value chart says 11 and 23 by themselves are actually worth more than 3. If you get them to throw in a 25 first that would be an incredible deal for pats. Vikings won’t do thst

Last edited:
I would take that top deal in a nanosecond but the trade value chart says 11 and 23 by themselves are actually with more than 3. If you get them to throw in a 25 first that would be an incredible deal for pats. Vikings won’t do thst
Trade chart is meaningless on a situation like this. If there are theee top quarterbacks the top 3 picks value is astronomical. Chart means nothing

I am surprised that more posters aren't raising the possibility that the team is looking to stock up and develop in the draft while positioning for another high draft choice next year. The increase in cap may have forced their hand by limiting the number of players that hit FA. While it sucks short term, I would rather that the team not waste resources trying to be mediocre. I want them to shoot their shot in the draft and follow the Rams model of playing a bunch of unproven players during their recovery period. We can handle another losing season if the talent is there to build on. This season sucked because there was nothing to look forward to.

I am surprised that more posters aren't raising the possibility that the team is looking to stock up and develop in the draft while positioning for another high draft choice next year. The increase in cap may have forced their hand by limiting the number of players that hit FA. While it sucks short term, I would rather that the team not waste resources trying to be mediocre. I want them to shoot their shot in the draft and follow the Rams model of playing a bunch of unproven players during their recovery period. We can handle another losing season if the talent is there to build on. This season sucked because there was nothing to look forward to.
No QBs available next year

I suspect that the offense next season as a whole, will be truly offensive to the fans.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back