PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

This is a completely moronic take. They aren’t taking the QB at 3 purely out of need, they are taking them because they have evaluated them and believe they can lead a franchise. Otherwise they would have made a deal and gotten more picks, or gone hard for a QB in free agency. At this point you are just making **** up because you don’t like their decision.

I am not so sure. I think that they (as in the Krafts) are taking a QB because of the splash and good publicity they will get. And "they" have so far proved themselves cheap and incompetent (i.e. Jacobi last year and the FA period this year), so I suspect they will screw up the draft also.

You cannot draft a QB when you have no line to protect him and no WRs to throw to. It is the way poorly-run teams ruin QBs and the Patriots are now one of those poorly-run, basement-dwelling teams. In a few years, we will be begging to get BB back....

That said. There is ZERO chance the first 3 picks are all going to pan out and lead a franchise to a Superbowl.

There's only like 75 years worth of drafts that prove they point out. You just Don't like that fact because it doesn't support your argument.

Agreed. Based on recent history, there is a better chance that two out of the three will be flops. Those are NOT good odds. The Patriots should trade down and let another meddling owner pick a glossy QB....but, of course, they will not because the Patriots are now run by a meddling owner, playing fantasy football, who will pick a flop QB just to make a splash.

A terrible FA period followed by QB pick by the owner at 3 is the greased skid into the NFL basement.

I am not so sure. I think that they (as in the Krafts) are taking a QB because of the splash and good publicity they will get. And "they" have so far proved themselves cheap and incompetent (i.e. Jacobi last year and the FA period this year), so I suspect they will screw up the draft also.

You cannot draft a QB when you have no line to protect him and no WRs to throw to. It is the way poorly-run teams ruin QBs and the Patriots are now one of those poorly-run, basement-dwelling teams. In a few years, we will be begging to get BB back....
We always had a team that was fairly disciplined because of BB.

Rarely did players publicly complain about money or the role that they had. Hundreds of players filtered through the NE Pats and only a handful were in trouble with the law. Hopefully Mayo can keep this going.

Pitchforks and villagers agenda, Fred?

Pitchforks and villagers agenda, Fred?
Yup, time for us to descend on Patriots Place with pitchforks and flaming torches. Or maybe wear paper bags on our heads like the fans used to do in New Orleans.

It may well be that the Patriots' GM moves are going to be worse than during the final years of the BB regime in which case we will know who is the person behind all these personnel screwups.

Last edited:
Feels like the chorus of Boston Media....I mean, Dirty Laundry (Don Henley):
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down

There are fans on this site who would give their next 3 first round picks to the Jets for Aaron Rodgers. Did themselves some weaponizing.
At least put 1% effort in next time you try to create a straw man.

At least put 1% effort in next time you try to create a straw man.

A strawman would be making a false argument, whereas what I said was actually hyperbole.

Yup, time for us to descend on Patriots Place with pitchforks and flaming torches. Or maybe wear paper bags on our heads like the fans used to do in New Orleans.

It may well be that the Patriots' GM moves are going to be worse than during the final years of the BB regime in which case we will know who is the person behind all these personnel screwups.

You didn’t actually go to Dartmouth , did you Fred?

You spent years wanting to get rid of Belichick, now that they have done that you want them to get rid of his replacement 1 week into the offseason. In truth Fred I just think you want to *****, and you are never going to stop *****ing.

A strawman would be making a false argument, whereas what I said was actually hyperbole.
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

I’m very concerned that the Kraft’s are going to step in and force Wolf to take either Alt or Harrison, as both contracts are cheaper than a QB rookie contract.

I’m very concerned that the Kraft’s are going to step in and force Wolf to take either Alt or Harrison, as both contracts are cheaper than a QB rookie contract.
Fear no more because that is not how the draft works

Fear no more because that is not how the draft works

I was joking. Fred’s new riff is that if they take a QB at 3 it’s because Kraft made the pick is complete horseshit; so I responded in kind.

I was joking. Fred’s new riff is that if they take a QB at 3 it’s because Kraft made the pick is complete horseshit; so I responded in kind.
I think if we take a QB at #3 in a draft where there’s a huge drop off from #1 to everyone else but then everyone else are quite close then we are dumb and I’d like to think Wolf is not dumb

You spent years wanting to get rid of Belichick, ...

Oh really? Show me where. Before you accuse me of something like this, have some proof. I have been a staunch BB supporter, as a coach anyway, when everyone wanted his head on a post outside Gillette. I did not support him as a GM, that is true, but he is the GOAT coach.

But, maybe I am wrong; maybe BB is not to blame for all the bad drafts and FA signings and whiffs. Anyway, it is starting to look like we fired the wrong person. Too bad we cannot fire Jonathan Kraft or whomever is in charge of this pathetic offseason.

Last edited:
Too bad we cannot fire Jonathan Kraft or whomever is in charge of this pathetic offseason.

A touch early to be judging the offseason from where some of us sit. Your seat is apparently more prescient

If they take a QB at 3, we will not know for sure who was behind the pick. If we trade back, as I think we should, then I suspect that this is a Wolf move, not a Kraft move. My worry is that Wolf will want to trade back at three but will be overruled by one of the Krafts because they want to make a big splash and make people forget about the pathetic offseason. It is speculation on my part, but Ted Johnson, ahem, made the same point.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back