PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Heat and Jimmy Butler.

That's clean.

I looked her up, her name is Lolly. She's a native Russian, an opera singer now living in Miami. She's even sung the National Anthem at a Heat game.

A Look At The Heat Gown That Got So Much Attention In Game 1 - Sports  Illustrated Miami Heat News, Analysis and More

Will Manso on Twitter: Since so many people were asking about the Heat fan  in the amazing outfit court side last night, opera singer Radmila Lolly,  here's a link to her National

I looked her up, her name is Lolly. She's a native Russian, an opera singer now living in Miami. She's even sung the National Anthem at a Heat game.

A Look At The Heat Gown That Got So Much Attention In Game 1 - Sports  Illustrated Miami Heat News, Analysis and More
Definitely clean.

7-35 shooting threes. 20%
Miami shot just shy of 50% from deep.

The primary narrative about the games before this has been that the Celtics live and die by the three. That has to be one of their worst three point shooting nights all year. And they won.

That’s why you play strong defense, whether the shots are falling or not. Also turned the ball over twice as much as Miami. Still won.
For the life of me, I cannot understand why Boston kept jacking threes when 1) Miami was in foul trouble and 2) Boston was dominating inside the line.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Boston kept jacking threes when 1) Miami was in foul trouble and 2) Boston was dominating inside the line.

That's what gets them in trouble late in games. They need to find a way to be more patient and deliberate. If the three ends up their best option at the end of the clock, fine, but they tend to go for it too quickly.

It's maddening.

Even worse they can't design a play to get either one of the Jays open for the last shot?

Maybe they can and don't want to take it?

..on to G7

This is a fundamental coaching point. Either the coach is not communicating this strategy to the players or the players are choosing not to implement what is being coached.

It felt like they took the normal amount of threes they would, if not less than average. I didn’t feel like they pounded their heads against the wall with it. But you gotta keep trying to some extent because if it comes alive your in business.

Butler got every call in the 4th quarter. Is that the new NBA or has it always been this way? Some calls were justified others not so much.

We watched the end of the game at a local watering hole here in Denver. Nuggets fans were rooting HARD for Miami. I guess they do care about home court?? Or do they fear the Celtics?

Celtics would be slight favorites (51-55%) while Miami would be big underdogs (20-25%) via betting odds.

Honestly, everything after the Bucks series has been gravy. I think the series is Boston’s to lose so I’m just hoping now that they can claw their way back into the series… then find a way to blow it at home in Game 7. The memes will be epic.

Will Manso on Twitter: Since so many people were asking about the Heat fan  in the amazing outfit court side last night, opera singer Radmila Lolly,  here's a link to her National's a link to her National
I wouldn’t mind spreading some Russian misinformation on her.

Dude is going to kill himself.

Dude is going to kill himself.

I’d like to ask Spo two questions:

1) Why was Strus in? He’s one of the worst defenders in the NBA.

2) Knowing the Heat were looking to force the 3-point attempt from anyone besides Tatum, why wasn’t there an emphasis on boxing out? This is something a pee-wee team knows.

It felt like they took the normal amount of threes they would, if not less than average. I didn’t feel like they pounded their heads against the wall with it. But you gotta keep trying to some extent because if it comes alive your in business.
Normally I would agree but Miami couldn't stop Boston's 2 point shooting and with a 10 point lead late and in the bonus, play the percentages and drive/force fouls and go to the line.

I’d like to ask Spo two questions:

1) Why was Strus in? He’s one of the worst defenders in the NBA.

2) Knowing the Heat were looking to force the 3-point attempt from anyone besides Tatum, why wasn’t there an emphasis on boxing out? This is something a pee-wee team knows.
1) The current version of the NBA is so watered down that there are stiffs playing in every game.
2) Same answer

Now my question.
Wasn't the last play by Butler a double dribble? It looked like he was dribbling along, put both hands on the ball and then took another dribble to get off his 3 pointer.

Normally I would agree but Miami couldn't stop Boston's 2 point shooting and with a 10 point lead late and in the bonus, play the percentages and drive/force fouls and go to the line.
They trick me all the time by driving to the hoop and then throwing it out to another player for a 3.

I understand that hitting 40% of 3's is better than 50% of 2's but it doesn't work when you're hitting 20% of 3's and 70% of 2's, as I think the C's were at one point.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back