PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Heat and Jimmy Butler.

0.1 seconds left. Just Wow.

The moment this team was waiting for. Effing brilliant

Al Horford pretty much tried everything to lose that game for us.

What a play by White

Smart with his trademark clutch miss on the free throw, THEN Horford's brainfart foul, THEN Smart misses desperation shot. White is worth his weight in gold. When Butler hit those three free throws I thought it was over.

Last edited:
Al Horford pretty much tried everything to lose that game for us.

What a play by White
He made at least 4 huge mistakes down the stretch.. Not sure if he was gassed or what, but he was bad.

the refs sure thought it was over....Tatum called for "palming" the ball? WTF in the wide world of LeBron was THAT??? PALMING the fcking ball...in the NBA??? Fck those refs...I hope they lost the house on the bets they made

We tried to give it away again but Derrick White saved the day. Absolutely incredible finish, definitely one for the history books if they finish off the Heat in Boston.

On the flip side I can’t imagine the pain of a Heat fan. Thaaaaaaat close to the finals.

It doesn’t matter why. It doesn’t matter how. Just win, baby!

I must say, I DO appreciate seeing these guys FINALLY play like they really WANT it. Finally. They better deliver Monday because it never should've come down to this.

Smart with his trademark clutch miss on the free throw, THEN Horford's brainfart foul, THEN Tatum misses desperation shot. White is worth his weight in gold. When Butler hit those three free throws I thought it was over.
I felt that “okay we only need a bucket”, they can draw up something reasonable within three seconds. But the ball ended up in Smart’s hand for a terrible contested look (almost went in). That can’t have been the play they envisioned. The whole thing was a mess until White came flying in there.

I’ve seen a lot of great, memorable plays from my Boston sports teams…that will likely be the very best.

I felt that “okay we only need a bucket”, they can draw up something reasonable within three seconds. But the ball ended up in Smart’s hand for a terrible contested look (almost went in). That can’t have been the play they envisioned. The whole thing was a mess until White came flying in there.

My hopes were pretty low. The problem with 3 seconds left is you know it's likely to be a low-percentage (long) shot. It just happened to bounce to the right place.

Heat fans right now:

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

7-35 shooting threes. 20%
Miami shot just shy of 50% from deep.

The primary narrative about the games before this has been that the Celtics live and die by the three. That has to be one of their worst three point shooting nights all year. And they won.

That’s why you play strong defense, whether the shots are falling or not. Also turned the ball over twice as much as Miami. Still won.

I don’t care if it was lucky. I don’t care if the Celts played like crap at the end. It don’t matter. Derrick White made a play … when it mattered. And it was beautiful

He made at least 4 huge mistakes down the stretch.. Not sure if he was gassed or what, but he was bad.
He's sub-average Al

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back