PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Miami...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens in 2012 come to mind.

They didn’t win twice in Foxboro, the first game was in Baltimore. Sorry, my original message was that I don’t ever recall a team beating NE twice in Foxboro the same season.

They didn’t win twice in Foxboro, the first game was in Baltimore. Sorry, my original message was that I don’t ever recall a team beating NE twice in Foxboro the same season.
It has never happened in BB era

Last time it happened was 78 vs Oilers.

I know people want them to rest players if KC loses today. but with our finding something on offense, I think we need to get guys reps and keep this going.

Also, need to keep getting Harry more comfortable as I see him being a big play ability guy

If KC somehow loses I think you sit Edelman and Sanu but play Brady for a half and you come out slinging the ball to try and get more cohesion between him and the young guys.

Best case scenario for the Pats the rest of the weekend Ravens somehow lose and the Steelers and Titans both win. Even remotely rooting for the Steelers is so distasteful. :(

I agree with you except that if BAL somehow loses today then even if KC also loses you have to play hard to win next week because #1 would potentially be up for grabs. (At least until you see BAL killing whoever it is on the out of town scores next week)

My ideal scenario is the Chiefs lose tonight and drop to the 4 seed. (do not believe Ravens losing out is realistic so not going there)
Chiefs and Texans win WC round
Pats beat Texans and Chiefs beat Ravens (I think Chiefs are only team capable of winning in Baltimore)
Pats beat Chiefs
Pats beat Saints (would love to see Brady/Brees)

So if you are Miami and suspect that Brady's injury severely limits his long game, do you stack the box to stop the run and play press coverage and thus insist that the Pats throw long to win? Is it worth a try?

So if you are Miami and suspect that Brady's injury severely limits his long game, do you stack the box to stop the run and play press coverage and thus insist that the Pats throw long to win? Is it worth a try?
Yes

They don't have the personnel to press and stack the box. They maybe could do it if Howard, Talib, McCain and McMillian weren't on IR.

Brady vs those CBs in press 1-on-1 would dink and dunk them to death. Especially if their pass rush plays to their usual season form (worst in the league)

Their CBs right now are Nick Needham, Jomal Wiltz, Nate Brooks (signed from the Pats PS 2 weeks ago) and Linden Stephens

Which sentiment is stronger? Miami wants to continue to "tank" for a better draft pick and Flores helps out his old mentor with the bye - or - this game once again becomes 'the superbowl' for a crappy team as they go all out to try and beat the Pats, see if they can hang with the best, and try to prevent the AFCE divisional sweep?
Flores will go all-out to win this game, make no mistake. BB will have to do the same and will rest people only when things are comfortably in hand, which probably won't be 'til late in the fourth quarter.

Seems like Two Seed have the Toughest route to the SB: KC then Baltimore. Hopefully the Offense gets better with a week off.

KC is not beating the Pats twice at Gillette. The game at Baltimore has always been the roadblock. Last year, it seemed like winning at @KC was improbable, because the Pats had struggled on the road all season. But going into Baltimore again against a fully healthy Jackson seems even more insurmountable than KC last year at Arrowhead. But the Browns won @BAL earlier this season, so it's possible. Also, a #1 seed is still very possible as the Browns and Steelers have given the Ravens all they can handle this season in their previous matchups. Add to that PIT jockeying for playoff positioning.

I would love to see the Bears pull off the upset tonight so some of the walking wounded can rest. Namely Edelman. It’s a shame we got screwed by the officials against the Queefs. Tonight’s game wouldn’t matter to the Pats and they’d be able to rest Edelman next week regardless.

Flores will go all-out to win this game, make no mistake. BB will have to do the same and will rest people only when things are comfortably in hand, which probably won't be 'til late in the fourth quarter.
@Ring 6 What do you find funny about this? Flores clearly has been trying to win games and BB is notorious for not resting players in most situations.

Baltimore gave up 21 points to the Jete of all teams...and now the Browns are keeping it a tight game through the 1st

@Ring 6 What do you find funny about this? Flores clearly has been trying to win games and BB is notorious for not resting players in most situations.
Miami stinks it will be comfortably in hand before late in the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back