PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will need TDs not FGs this week. I say leave the kicker home.

They had an embarrassing run defense that year. Dead last in the league I think? They get Bob Sanders back, and suddenly no one can run on them in the playoffs at all.

Sanders' impact has reached mythic proportions, but reality was quite different. Indy's run defense was just as lousy with Sanders that regular season as it was without. What changed in the playoffs was that they changed the responsibilities of the DEs. Instead of playing pass and rushing upfield, they crashed down and played run first. I suppose someone could say that Sanders' return allowed this change, but they didn't do it with Sanders earlier in the year.

The other big factor is that Indy faced unimaginative offenses with meager passing attacks. Neither KC or Baltimore seemed to notice the change. KC, in particular, didn't run play action a single first down all game. It was embarrassing to watch even as someone with no real rooting interest. It was also clear that, had Indy faced San Diego, they were going to get steamrolled, Sanders or no Sanders.

I trust it wil be a breakout performance for our receivers. Sanu or Harry is my choice as players who have to support Tom and the entire offense.
And of course it is a kind od game when you should ruuun the ball and run the ball again till the ultimate victory! Go Pats.
BTW - sorry but I couldn't stop myself from posting it. Uffff,now I am ready for the game :).

Last edited:
These concepts of time and reality are quite foreign to me.

That being said, if a negative play hasn't happened yet, do the GDT panic stricken brigade still make a noise?

I had a feeling Burkhead would have an important role today. Just wish I’d thought to say it before the game.

the Patriots are horrible evaluators at the position and that's proven.

Lie of omission. They prefer to assimilate veteran WRs rather than draftees and excel at doing that. Welker. Moss. Hogan. Amendola. Cooks. Patten. There are others. Additionally the late round WRs seem pretty okay...or are Troy Brown and Julian Edelman " proven horrible" evaluations too?

They are not the greatest WR drafting team. Not going to argue that, but similarly its disingenuous to even argue that a team with as much success as the Patriots, especially on offense, through this run are "horrible" talent evaluators.

They just choose to approach building that part of the team differently than the draftnik fans desire.

Saw the thread title and immediately went to get ready for work. Only noticed it wasn’t Monday when I tried to view my recording of the game.

No not really.

They will need TDs not FGs this week. I say leave the kicker home.

They might do that, not as any kind of statement, just out of confusion about who the kicker is.

Son of a B****. That's it, Predict The Score is toast.

Mmmmm toasssst... I just really crave breakfast fooods this afternoon...

I’m happy with the win...I thought Sony ran well and Harry’s 200 receiving yards was amazing. Collins’ 3 sacks were real game changers too.

just out of confusion about who the kicker is.

They called me last week, but like the acting gig "blonde in shower, night time, slasher movie" I declined. It just wasn't going to end well.

That play, where Ernie Adams triggered the frequency jammer for the opposing headsets, and the ball bounced off the guy on the sidelines watching the opposing bench with the binoculars, partially deflating it?

That's just something you never see. Ever.

Fourierseries this guy if we lose

That play, where Ernie Adams triggered the frequency jammer for the opposing headsets, and the ball bounced off the guy on the sidelines watching the opposing bench with the binoculars, partially deflating it?

The deflating football also knocked over the heater under the Gatorade.

Did you see the trash can guy behind the Patriots bench this game? He looks like the guy from the Astros. Two bangs for a running play and 1 for a pass! At least that’s what I thought I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes