PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer to this question was that the defense brought another man into the box to stop it.
I figured that was the case. Still seems like they could have stuck with it a bit more but WDIK.

Why did they stop running after that first series? Sincere question.
Running game might again be the key for Patriots vs. Chiefs
Then the Patriots decisively went away from that.

It was three straight passes to open the next drive, the final one intercepted for what turned out to be a game-changing play. Then it was five dropbacks and one designed rush on the next drive.

What happened? Can there be a lesson to carry into planning against the Chiefs?

"They played a lot of man coverage, put an extra guy on the line of scrimmage," coach Bill Belichick said. "So we ran it and threw it."

I figured that was the case. Still seems like they could have stuck with it a bit more but WDIK.
Josh hasnt had the best season.

Thanks for posting this! Absolutely phenomenal thread.

Some gems:

The bolded from @TommyBrady12, specifically, did not age well.

Not sure what the point of digging up comments from a time when you weren't even registered to post here is. As soon as you're been here for more than 10 minutes, you'll find that part of having any post history at all is an occasional bad take that will age poorly. At which point it will only be fitting for some random noob that you've never heard of to take a weird victory lap over it.

Last edited:
So Chiefs have the best pure passer in the league, the best receiver (in my opinion) and the second (?) best tight end in the league. Who covers who? Maybe Gilmore on Kelce and double Hill with DMac and JMac (if he's healthy) on every play?

Thanks for confirming you didn't watch the game.

I did watch the game, can confirm that @The Brandon Five 's point is valid. Re: the 'analysis' that you followed up with, it's pretty clear that you're trying hard to work backward from the conclusion you want to reach.

Like, you can claim all you want that their scoring was purely by virtue of 'benefiting from turnovers', but the fact is that they had touchdown drives of 47, 60, 64 and 75 yards, so that's simply not true. If anything it shows you to be guilty of exactly what you're accusing Brandon of: either not watching or failing to understand even the most basic principles of what you watched.

If you're going to dismiss the Chiefs' dismantling of the Raiders, just point to the fact that the Jets destroyed the Raiders just as hard a week prior. Don't resort to making **** up while projecting your own shortcomings onto other people.

I did watch the game, can confirm that @The Brandon Five 's point is valid. Re: the 'analysis' that you followed up with, it's pretty clear that you're trying hard to work backward from the conclusion you want to reach.

Like, you can claim all you want that their scoring was purely by virtue of 'benefiting from turnovers', but the fact is that they had touchdown drives of 47, 60, 64 and 75 yards, so that's simply not true. If anything it shows you to be guilty of exactly what you're accusing Brandon of: either not watching or failing to understand even the most basic principles of what you watched.

If you're going to dismiss the Chiefs' dismantling of the Raiders, just point to the fact that the Jets destroyed the Raiders just as hard a week prior. Don't resort to making **** up while projecting your own shortcomings onto other people.

I can’t take the guy serious. That offense is explosive. Frankly the pats need to score more than 24 points to win this game.

If that happens then what? Everything spirals? The chiefs could run the table and all it would take is another loss to be playing on wildcard weekend and heck maybe even have a battle for the division with the bills. Yikes. It feels like this game is a momentum changer. Have to win and show some offense.
If this happens then we are literally "on to cincinnati" . Its all setup.

I rewatched the AFCCG and came away thinking David Andrews was the best player on the field in the first half. Gronk was also a huge factor, as well as Develin. Paterson starting us off at the 36 in OT, as well as a clutch end around.

I'm always optimistic within reason, but it's hard to rationalize the Patriots getting back to that level of offense this season with the way the "secondary options" are playing

I think the Pats should be 3-4 point underdogs this week as opposed to a 3 point favorite.

First and foremost this defense needs to perform as the top unit in football. Period. If you don't want to properly allocate resources to WR/TE, after losing pro bowl TE,FB,C,KR then the identity of this team needs to stamp it's name as an all time legendary defense, case closed.

Brady is Brady. Nothing has changed since he looked slow and old dropping that pass in Super Bowl 2 years ago. He set the passing record that day. The next year he completed tight window zip passes on 3rd and 10, 3rd and 9, 3rd and 10, to send us to the SB. He is a blessing.

The offense needs to pound the rock. Maybe it's time for Harris to get 20 carries out of the blue to ignite things. Edelman is still playing at a high level and White proved he is still fully alive and kicking. The complementary pieces need to stake a claim of ownership of this team.

Sanu, Harry, Dorsett, and Meyers.... this is on you...

Brady Edelman and the defense are big personalities, they can't sit back and take secondary roles. They need to play with the confidence of past Patriots and rise to the occasion. They can do it.

Thanks for confirming that you either did not watch the game, or any of their recent games, or that you did not comprehend what you were watching.

If you want to bring up the numbers, this is going to get embarrassing for you. KC had 250 yards of total offense vs the Raiders' dumpster fire defense, and averaged 4.4 yards per play. Both of these numbers would rank dead last in the NFL. Over the last several games, they've been given great field position via 8 turnovers, and they've only scored 20 points off of them.

If you actually watch the games, it will be equally as embarrassing for you, because their offense:

1. Cannot run the ball. They've shown absolutely no sign of improvement (unlike the Pats.) On the contrary, they're getting worse.

2. Their interior OL is a dumpster fire. They can't protect a QB that has been riddled with injuries this season.

3. Mahomes has not been accurate on intermediate and deep passes of late.

This isn't even a controversial observation. Ask the Chiefs fan who posts here if he agrees. He has already stated in another thread that he can't argue against these points.

This is the first week in years and years that I actually picked the opposing team to win over the Pats. I don't feel good about it, but I'm not convinced that the offense can keep up with KC and I'm sure KC is going to get some points against our defense, they're too good not to score

Hope im wrong!

Bill should send out Sanu Dorsett Harry and Meyers as captains. Their confidence is the only thing that can make this team champions.

No kicker? Go for it on 4th down? All 2 point conversions? Now we are talking!

Thanks for confirming that you either did not watch the game, or any of their recent games, or that you did not comprehend what you were watching.

If you want to bring up the numbers, this is going to get embarrassing for you. KC had 250 yards of total offense vs the Raiders' dumpster fire defense, and averaged 4.4 yards per play. Both of these numbers would rank dead last in the NFL. Over the last several games, they've been given great field position via 8 turnovers, and they've only scored 20 points off of them.

If you actually watch the games, it will be equally as embarrassing for you, because their offense:

1. Cannot run the ball. They've shown absolutely no sign of improvement (unlike the Pats.) On the contrary, they're getting worse.

2. Their interior OL is a dumpster fire. They can't protect a QB that has been riddled with injuries this season.

3. Mahomes has not been accurate on intermediate and deep passes of late.

This isn't even a controversial observation. Ask the Chiefs fan who posts here if he agrees. He has already stated in another thread that he can't argue against these points.

I'm not sure if I'm the Chiefs fan you refer to, but I'll respond.

1. Mostly true. We don't run the ball that well. And we don't try to. But we ran for over 130 yards twice in the last 4 weeks against the Vikes and Chargers, both who are respectable defenses. We are low middle of the pack.

2. Mostly true. The interior has definitely been a problem. But the main injury was a freak injury on a sneak. Mostly he's been protected well enough and he's young and mobile enough to create his own plays. We've been sacked a little less than Brady on the year, albeit on a few less attempts.

3. I'm gonna say mostly not true. I was at the Raiders game and the conditions were the worst I've seen at an NFL game and I've been a season ticket holder for a long time. The wind was unbelievable. He threw for 433 and 3 touchdowns two weeks prior. I don't have any concerns about his ability to throw the ball either intermediate or deep.

3. I'm gonna say mostly not true. I was at the Raiders game and the conditions were the worst I've seen at an NFL game and I've been a season ticket holder for a long time. The wind was unbelievable. He threw for 433 and 3 touchdowns two weeks prior. I don't have any concerns about his ability to throw the ball either intermediate or deep.

What happened the week before, when he threw for 180 yards and completed 55% of his passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots