PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are On To Atlanta....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said they are. What is your game plan, though? Two man under? Cover-3 and hope the zone is up to the task of Julio? Give me specifics. You've been disagreeing all night. Now tell me why you disagree and show me your game plan.

The defensive facet doesn't live in a vacuum. The gameplan is for the offensive and defensive facets of the team to compliment each other, adjusting as necessary, in a way that equals victory. For example, the Patriots' offense: what does Atlanta do to stop that? You dismiss far too easily that the Patriots just put up 35 on a defense that is at least ATL's equal (ATL put up 44 against the clearly most inferior D that was in the POs). Do we not have an offense/gameplan that is capable of scoring 35 again?? ATL scored 34 against a Seattle D that had had two good showing in its last 6 games: The Lions and The Rams.

The Patriots do not need to stop ATL every time they touch the ball. Sure, Atlanta is substantially possible to score above 30 (that's how good their offense is), however, we just need to match that output +1. Do you or anyone believe the Patriots are not capable of gameplanning to get enough stops + enough successful offensive drives to win??

This matchup is likely is the toughest task for the Patriots. But this is the SB, when has a SB ever been easy for the Patriots??

No clue how the Pats will contain them. Go man to man and their RB's will torch our LB's. Go zone to stop that and Jones and Sanu will have field days. Going to have to be a shoot out and the defense is going to have to put Ryan on his ass. This one is going to be very tough, though. It's a bad match-up for the Pats defense.

Four word Kontra:

Greatest

Show

On

Turf

Belichick will figure something out.... he did it before, and he'll do it again

I'd like to add that Sanu has sucked this year. Had him on my Fantasy team. He stayed on the bench all but 2 weeks. And he stunk then too.

These Falcon backs and recovers are gonna get punished at the line or coming out of the backfield. That will slow them down.

SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL CE NE ANDIAMO CE NE ANDIAMO CE NE ANDIAMO AL SUPER BOWL

Reactions: PP2
FORZA AMICA MIA!!!

So two explosive offenses are playing and one has a top 5 defense. Ya you take the one with the better defense and that's before I tell you there led by Brady and BB

Who would the good match up be? The Falcons are looking at the Pats and saying how they will be facing an actual NFL secondary this time and somebody will have to get open other than Julio
The better match-up would have been Green Bay. By far and away. When you have two very good pass catching RB's going against a defense with no LBs that can cover, it'll be a long day for that defense. The Pats can move the ball on the Falcons too, though. They may have to win in a shoot out.

No doubt Atlanta is very strong but BB has also been very good at bringing high flying offenses down to earth. Regardless of who wins, Atlanta isn't going to find it easy to score points.

Wonder how the self aggrandizing talk show hosts will frame this, are we doomed because we are playing a really good O?? Which might invite more listeners = higher ratings.

Or will they be intelligent and discuss how the Pats can stop the Falcons?? And what a great game planner BB is??

I predict the first, as that is usual method and can get the hosts the most twitter followers or facebook likes.. that is also how Borges et al make a living...

After all those years of losing, I love all this winning and watching the level of NFL greatness we see on the field.

I think with 10 catches in the superbowl JE11 will move into second place in all time playoff receptions behind some guy named Rice. Way behind but second place is awesome.

Yup.
NFL Career Playoffs Receptions Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

By the way, for all stats geeks, here's a great page for Super Bowl records:
Super Bowl Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

On that stats page: Pretty neat seeing Patriots listed four times in the top 10 (12 because of ties) for game receptions: Vereen, Welker and Branch twice.

The better match-up would have been Green Bay. By far and away. When you have two very good pass catching RB's going against a defense with no LBs that can cover, it'll be a long day for that defense. The Pats can move the ball on the Falcons too, though. They may have to win in a shoot out.

I agree kinda. On the one hand I am happy that we play a more traditional pocket passer and won't have to hold our breath on every pass rush. On the other hand we have to deal with their pass catching RBs.

I haven't watched much Falcons this year so the next two weeks will be a long catch-up session but what I wonder is if we wouldn't dare Atlanta to win the game using their pass catching backs while crowding their WRs. If we can gain 1-2 possessions on them, it might already be enough to win. This will be a game where our offense has the potential to score over 40.

This will be BB's biggest challenge yet. I know they beat the Greatest Show On Turf. Butler is no Ty Law. There is no Bruschi, McGinnis, Vrabel.

ATL Pro-CB Desmond Trufant is on IR.

This will be BB's biggest challenge yet. I know they beat the Greatest Show On Turf. Butler is no Ty Law. There is no Bruschi, McGinnis, Vrabel.

There is Brady.

Four word Kontra:

Greatest

Show

On

Turf

Belichick will figure something out.... he did it before, and he'll do it again

That was 15 years ago when you could actually touch the receivers. Now almost every time there is an incomplete pass there is a flag thrown for PI.

Atlanta is healthy (unlike the Steelers) and I don't see how the pats can stop them.

Against any other team, I would be rooting hard for Matty Ice. Atlanta's offense does pose some problems, but I still like our chances.

I'm having visions of another Superbowl like XXXVIII. Oy vey.....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back