Before: $38,769,018

Cap after cuts/possible retirement/extension/draft:

After: $4,018,600

Pick 31: Trade to Arizona #47 and #79

Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Hoyer

Running back (4): James White, Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead
Pick 96: Royce Freeman or Bolden

Fullback (1): James Develin

Wide receiver (5): Chris Hogan, Brandin Cooks, Malcolm Mitchell, Julian Edelman, Amendola

Tight end (3): Rob Gronkowski, Allen, Bennett

Offensive line (8): LT Nate Solder, LG Joe Thuney, C David Andrews, RG Shaq Mason, RT Marcus Cannon, OT/G Cole Croston, OT Antonio Garcia, LT Cameron Fleming

Defensive tackle (5): Malcom Brown, Vincent Valentine, Lawrence Guy, Adam Butler

Defensive end (4): Trey Flowers, Derek Rivers, Deatrich Wise Jr.
Pick 47: Arden Key, ED

Linebacker (6):
Hightower, Kyle Van Noy, Marquis Flowers, Elandon Roberts, McClellin
Pick 43: Tremaine Edmunds, ILB
Pick 96: Skai Moore, OLB

Cornerback (5): Stephon Gilmore, Eric Rowe, Jonathan Jones, Johnson Bademosi
Pick 79: Duke Dawson, CB or Queenton Meeks,CB

Safety (4): Devin McCourty, Patrick Chung, Duron Harmon
Pick 63 Ronnie Harisson, SS

ST(6): Gostkowski, Allen, Cordona, Slater, Ebner, King

I thought I could move on. But I can't . I had to take a leave off work & school. Last night was the worst night of my life since the death of my grandmother. I'm grieving. I know it sounds dumb. But I can't stop crying.

As for 2018, make changes on D.

Brady dragged the corpse of the 2011 team to the Super Bowl and one could argue he did it in 2017 as well. You gotta believe.

For now? I'm going to go to work and take my licks and then just crack the **** on. What else can I do?

Brady dragged the corpse of the 2011 team to the Super Bowl and one could argue he did it in 2017 as well. You gotta believe.

For now? I'm going to go to work and take my licks and then just crack the **** on. What else can I do?

I don't buy this.......he's got to have guys who can make the catches to his throws

you are selling others short.....brady does not do it alone.....it's not possible in football

I am tired of this team not playing 60 minutes and spotting everyone leads

I don't buy this.......he's got to have guys who can make the catches to his throws

you are selling others short.....brady does not do it alone.....it's not possible in football

I'd hope it's fairly obvious I'm referring to the defenses. Both 2011 and 2017 were historically bad. The offenses in 2011 and 2017 were outstanding, and yes, the receivers and backs make plays, but Brady is the catalyst/lynchpin and I don't know how there's an argument.

I'd hope it's fairly obvious I'm referring to the defenses. Both 2011 and 2017 were historically bad. The offenses in 2011 and 2017 were outstanding, and yes, the receivers and backs make plays, but Brady is the catalyst/lynchpin and I don't know how there's an argument.

By Brady, you mean QB.....because that’s what it’s like for every team

Foles played a great game.....he made great throw and saw things well.....there were also plenty of outstanding catches made even though the secondary coverage was good and the ball was being contested

I put the the 2011 SB squarely on Brady .... the defense showed up that day and if you give up 17, you should win

Yes the defense was bad yesterday....but this was nothing like 2011

Knowing our luck with injuries we'll have like 3 core guys on IR by week 3
our luck has been pretty good overall don't you think?

by the way did Butler get injured? I could swear I did not see him on the field last night at all.

I put the the 2011 SB squarely on Brady .... the defense showed up that day and if you give up 17, you should win
THIS. Brady blew that Super Bowl. Last night Brady was godlike. Eagles D made one great play on him.

The D was historically putrid last night. The 85 Pats gave up fewer defensive points to the Bears than we did last night.

Patriot fans should take a cue from Giselle, she was complete class after the game, she congratulated Eagles players and acknowledged the tough loss. That’s the way it goes and the price that comes with playing in the biggest games, great wins and tough losses. Grieve all you want but it changes nothing, all that’s left is to follow their offseason and hope for a great team and season in 2018. Winning the Super Bowl is really hard to do, and last night was another lesson why that is.

On to the draft, free agency, and 2018. I’m looking forward to a fascinating offseason. I can’t ***** or cry about a team that has given us so much for so long. I’m grateful the Patriots are what they are, we’re fortunate fans.

Biggest gag job in the history of the organization ...

Not even close, that would be the loss in the sb during the undefeated season to the team that shall never be mentioned...that stupid loss caused me to be physically sick for a week...this one just caused me to throw up during my sleep last night, but I’m fine now.

I feel very much the same way right now as I did in January of 2014. We had probably the single worst offseason imaginable but still went to the AFCCG and gave Denver a run for their money.

This year, we lost Brady's #1 target for the entire season and our best defensive player for most of it. We lost our top WR early in the Super Bowl. And yet we still gave Philly a run for their money.

If healthy, New England is the best team in football.

I don’t want Meeks. Can we draft durable players for once?

Check IR, the Pats will be loaded next year:

Mitchell, Bennett, McClellin, Hightower, Edelman, Rivers, Valentine, Langi, Ebner, Cannon, Jonathan Jones

That's not "loaded." Some of those guys won't make it back from injury well enough to get a roster spot. Some of them are just average NFL players.

The primary talent problem is the defensive front seven, which even with a year of a fully recovered, back-to-form Hightower (50/50), still only has two good NFL players. The others are below average to average, or unknowns.

I think there's a major remake of the roster facing this team. That's not unusual; they do it fairly often. And new coordinators will want new players.

Schedule looks tough next year. Really need to fix that defense! Draft picks should be all defense. I would like to resign solder. I think we gonna lose Lewis. Butler's already gone.

Mr. Kraft,

According to Steve Nelson, your stubborn continuance of the flying elvis and corresponding non-Patriots uniforms is all about money.

So...

How much, exactly, are we talking about?

Can be a lump sum, or an annuity, whatever. I just need a dollar amount.

On behalf of all the real Patriots fans, whom I see every day and who, like you(?), prefer our real logo, we'd like to see the Patriots playing out there in 2018.

Thank you.
omg

Biggest gag job in the history of the organization and you aren't upset? Yet another SuperBowl slips through Tom Brady's fingers and you aren't upset? I envy you.
at least three slipped into his fingers tho or could have gone either way. With the closeness and luckiness (either way) in most of these Super Bowls 5-3 is a decent record.

Perhaps next time they should bring a balance team to the big dance so that Brady won't have to throw for 500 yard and lose. We were supposed to blitz for 6...i saw no blitzing last night.

hard to be incredibly pissed afterwards, as philly had never won before so its nice to see a fan base experience some of what we have experienced.

that said, zero snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye