PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Are Less Than A Week To Go - Where Are We?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With silly statements like this you shouldn't use a "we" because there is nothing in Wynns history that makes him unreliable.
well, he has been with the team for 23 regular season games and played in 1 of them....

Getting Wynn back (Assuming he does return) will be big. That said, I think a legit backup left tackle is key. Newhouse isn't even serviceable.

TE is going to be difficult. Who is out there? Atlanta isn't trading Hooper. Eifert is always injured. Gronk isn't returning. And frankly I don't want him too. He's stated what football has done to him physically. Is winning a SB with Gronk, at the risk of him getting potential CTE or worse, worth it? Not to me it isn't.
Gronk be back week 12

With silly statements like this you shouldn't use a "we" because there is nothing in Wynns history that makes him unreliable.
How many games has he played in two years with the Pats? Coming in with an expectation he will be consistently healthy in the future seems a mistake. Hope I'm wrong.

well, he has been with the team for 23 regular season games and played in 1 of them....

How many games has he played in two years with the Pats? Coming in with an expectation he will be consistently healthy in the future seems a mistake. Hope I'm wrong.

So ?

If he had torn the achilles in the last game and not missed any of the season then the injuries would have been exactly the same but just the timing different. Suddenly he would not be "likely to miss time" based on the missed game stat ?

If you argue that here is evidence that people with achilles tears are more likely to sustain other major injuries it would be a different story. But I will not start worrying about a player who freakishly tore his achilles during his first preseason.

He looked like our best lineman in the first game. Can't wait for his return.

Getting Wynn back (Assuming he does return) will be big. That said, I think a legit backup left tackle is key. Newhouse isn't even serviceable.

TE is going to be difficult. Who is out there? Atlanta isn't trading Hooper. Eifert is always injured. Gronk isn't returning. And frankly I don't want him too. He's stated what football has done to him physically. Is winning a SB with Gronk, at the risk of him getting potential CTE or worse, worth it? Not to me it isn't.

Newhouse has not been terrible. He is a good backup tackle in this league.

freak injuries. bad luck will run out.

freak injuries. bad luck will run out.
I do hope you guys are right. Just sayin' I'm not not going in with the expectation that he will be a staple at RT when he returns. He is a great player no doubt.

I am hoping Wynn comes off the IR that would be the biggestr upgrade we could make to the roster.

Harry will get activated tomorrow for week 9.
Wynn will get activated for week 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing