PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all need to temper our expectations

We really, really, really need to add a quality back up behind Mac. We can't go into the season with Brian freaking Hoyer.

Ok, so there will never be another Tom Brady, 7 titles in 20 years, was just too special, it will never happen again ~ yada yada yada ~.

But can't I imagine just how crushing it would be to the Jets, Dolphins and Bills fans, they finally get to see Tom Brady leave the pats only to have second coming of Brady rule the division for another 20 !! Now that would be a reason for suicide right there if I was a Jets Fan. So until we actually see this kid play and blow up my fantasy against Miami, please leave my two week wet dream alone !!

Ok, so there will never be another Tom Brady, 7 titles in 20 years, was just too special, it will never happen again ~ yada yada yada ~.

But can't I imagine just how crushing it would be to the Jets, Dolphins and Bills fans, they finally get to see Tom Brady leave the pats only to have second coming of Brady rule the division for another 20 !! Now that would be a reason for suicide right there if I was a Jets Fan. So until we actually see this kid play and blow up my fantasy against Miami, please leave my two week wet dream alone !!
I really wish we played the Chiefs this season in the regular season. Although Mac carving them in the post-season like Brady did in 2018 would be even sweeter.

You dont draft a QB if Stidham is not a benchwarmer.

Fredo has been passed over twice now. Hes not smaht and cant handle things.

We really, really, really need to add a quality back up behind Mac. We can't go into the season with Brian freaking Hoyer.
We only need a quality back up behind Mac if Mac gets hurt. It is all about resources. Hoyer can come in and finish off a game. Hoyer can start a game. This team is made up to minimize the difficulty put on the qb. Investing large amounts of resources into a qb who never plays takes those resources away from other areas.

So we need a back up. You don't think our current back up is good enough and would like another better back up. Your value of Hoyer's worth is probably is different than Bill's value of his worth.

You dont draft a QB if Stidham is not a benchwarmer.

Fredo has been passed over twice now. Hes not smaht and cant handle things.
Still on the team though.

We only need a quality back up behind Mac if Mac gets hurt. It is all about resources. Hoyer can come in and finish off a game. Hoyer can start a game. This team is made up to minimize the difficulty put on the qb. Investing large amounts of resources into a qb who never plays takes those resources away from other areas.

So we need a back up. You don't think our current back up is good enough and would like another better back up. Your value of Hoyer's worth is probably is different than Bill's value of his worth.
So you want to wait until Mac gets hurt to find a quality back up? The KC game last season proved Hoyer should be no more than a mentor to Mac on the PS.

What was his reasons?
Nothing specific. Just that he can't carry a team without talent. So when his rookie contract is up he will be let go.

Said he is in the mold of Goff

Jones lucked into perhaps the best rookie QB job in the league.

Very good OL - check

Great running attack - check

A good TE is a necessity for a young QB. We got TWO - Check

A reliable slot receiver - ( Meyers ) - Check

Great WR's - Well this remains an unanswered question - ?

A system that fits his skill set - check

Good Coaching - Check

A good defense - Check (and maybe even be a great one)

So basically he is in about the best situation to start his career as you can think of. Only one area that isn't a check. But I contend if they are just average, the rest of the package makes up for it.

Like I've said before, my only concern is how he'll make out with his durability.

This is a "playoff caliber team" even with a rookie QB. The problem is there are at least 10 other teams in the conference that can say the same thing at this point. On the 12th the 17 game war of attrition begins, and during that war anything can happen. That's the beauty of this league. On any given Sunday, any team can beat another. All we know for certain is that we are likely to be entertained by 17 close games and history tells us that we will win our fair share./

And to the OP - PLEASE change "tampering" with TEMPERING - It hurts my brain every time I see your thread title

Last edited:

Very good OL - check

Don't really think it was luck. If we didn't have these, I'm pretty sure BB would have never pulled the trigger on Cam. He would have had Mac riding the pine for this year.

And to the OP - PLEASE change "tampering" with TEMPERING - It hurts my brain every time I see your threrad title

Please change threrad to thread, thanks. :)

Very good OL - check

Great WR's - Well this remains an unanswered question - ?

A system that fits his skill set - check

Good Coaching - Check

A good defense - Check (and maybe even be a great one)

So basically he is in about the best situation to start his career as you can think of. Only one area that isn't a check. But I contend if they are just average, the rest of the package makes up for it.

Like I've said before, my only concern is how he'll make out with his durability.

This is a "playoff caliber team" even with a rookie QB. The problem is there are at least 10 other teams in the conference that can say the same thing at this point. On the 12th the 17 game war of attrition begins, and during that war anything can happen. That's the beauty of this league. On any given Sunday, any team can beat another. All we know for certain is that we are likely to be entertained by 17 close games and history tells us that we will win our fair share./

And to the OP - PLEASE change "tampering" with TEMPERING - It hurts my brain every time I see your threrad title
Which reminds me, I've got a terrible temper. People say I'm so easygoing and patient, but you guys know it's all an act.

One additional factor is, the Pats have playoff and Super Bowl experience on and off the field.

And I like my Big Mac without pickles.

...hoping he's more of a weMac than an iMac

...wondering if we'll get 'hooked' on him

1630594714806.pngLost him a year ago RIP

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft