PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Way to go Tom! Named the comeback player of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one. I was unsure whether he would get it. :)

This was a no brainer and thank god it was :D

Now we need a certain someone to keep this award in house next year

Fitzy's tweet a few minutes ago sums up this award for me:

FitzyGFY

#Patriots quarterback Tom Brady named AP Comeback Player of the Year. Too early - his comeback will be complete Feb 7th about 9:30pm :)

15 minutes ago from web

This was a no brainer and thank god it was :D

Now we need a certain someone to keep this award in house next year

Really, I'd prefer that this award never go to a player who was with the Pats the previous year, but I agree that I wouldn't mind seeing Welker win this one next year.

He's not the first player to come back from an injury like this.

Honestly, I would have liked to seen someone like Anthony Hargrove or Mike Bell get it.

I think it requires an exclamation point named Lombardi.

Wow, Hargrove only got one vote. He was out of the NFL for over a year, was suspended, had drug problems, was in psychiatiatric wards, and came back to have 5 sacks for a different team this year. He only gets one vote?

At least Benson gets some votes. Who wanted him after he was cut by Chicago?

Wow, Hargrove only got one vote. He was out of the NFL for over a year, was suspended, had drug problems, was in psychiatiatric wards, and came back to have 5 sacks for a different team this year. He only gets one vote?

This award should not be given for someone coming back from drug violations and league suspensions, it should go to someone who came back from something they had no control over like injuries.

I feel like Vince Young is the CPOY. He resuscitated a career that was spiraling down the pooper. Brady never sucked or anything. He just missed a year of playing and came back to take his team to 10-6. I'm really happy for him, but it feels like others may have deserved it more in the true spirit of the award.

Hargrove is a good story and has played well but in all honesty anyone who didn't vote for Tom is a moron. When one of the best players to ever play the game comes back from a serious injury that kept them out of the game for a season than there really is no debate.

It's the way the voting goes. A QB who comes back from a major injury is automatically the favorite.

Brady's 19 votes edged out a host of quality candidates, including Cadillac Williams (14 votes), Vince Young (7), and Cedric Benson and Brett Favre (4 apiece).
I heard Favre won retired player of the year, can't say I'm surprised..

It's the way the voting goes. A QB who comes back from a major injury is automatically the favorite.

Generally your statement is correct in that QBs usually get favorable treatment in awards like this but this one is a no brainer. If one of the 5 or 10 best players at their position to ever play the game comes back from an injury that kept them out a season and returns to full form they deserve to win.

I can't believe Favre got A vote, let alone 4.

Congrats Tom. Well deserved.

congratulations tom.................
if wes welker were to play for us next season and have a great year....would he be eligible for the award... (given that he will miss the playoffs this year)? or is this award for athletes who have missed all 16 games?

And of course, the haters are already whining about how Tom only got it because he's the "golden boy". I already ripped this one Vikes fan a new hole... a Vikes fan with a picture of Brett Favre as his avatar, complaining about Brady getting undeserved love from the media... I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes