PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Way to go Tom! Named the comeback player of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Tom! Well deserved!

Last edited:
I have never understood why anyone who comes back from sucking or screwing up or just not performing as they are compensated to even on a lousy team should merit any consideration in this process. Tedy was the first player in NFL history to return from a freakin stroke and all he could manage was go winner... I was fully expecting Tom to have to share this award and he nearly did...

Maybe next year Sanchise or Jamarcus or Marshall or Cutler will qualify. God knows there are sufficient screw ups and underachievers in this league that it's a wonder any player returning from catestrophic injuries ever wins it.

It's like the MVP award. Well intentioned but ill conceived when the voting is left to agenda driven mediots.

I have never understood why anyone who comes back from sucking or screwing up or just not performing as they are compensated to even on a lousy team should merit any consideration in this process. Tedy was the first player in NFL history to return from a freakin stroke and all he could manage was go winner.

I call BINGO:rocker:

Also I'm happy for TFB, IMHO he's earned it. And then some.

Maybe next year Sanchise or Jamarcus or Marshall or Cutler will qualify. God knows there are sufficient screw ups and underachievers in this league that it's a wonder any player returning from catestrophic injuries ever wins it.

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye