PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warriors fans ask Patriots fans on how to cope with loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step 1: Sloppily edit the video to use footage of us beating the Giants instead of the other footage.
Step 2: Rewatch over and over, trying to convince your brain we won in 2007 and the rest of the world are the ones who are crazy
Step 3: Cry.

Warriors got owned by an all time great in LeBron. We lost to Eli freaking manning.

I will never get over that game

Which game? I assume that you're talking about the 2007 season (in relation to the GSW) when Manning was 10-6, but the second time when Manning was 9-7 may have been just as bad.

Last edited:
Just hope & pray the league doesn't manufacture 2 "cheating" scandals to get in the way of pursuing the next championship.

You mean THOSE games.
Yeah really, second one still hurts nowhere near as bad but, the revenge would have been sweet after all the **** New Jersey talked.

Don't watch ESPN as they will rehash your loss ad infinitum and add a few twists, add a couple of lies and turns that make you want to doubt your team..

Then there will be the continual discussion of did Curry choke?? Or is Lebron better than Curry... it will go on and on and on and on and on and on..

It's kind of comparable but not really. Feel like most people were rooting FOR them, and they lost to a much better team. Maybe I'm wrong, but the world isn't overjoyed to see them miserable like we had to deal with. So they might wanna shut up while they're ahead.

Personally, I'll take a once-in-a-lifetime, super-season with crushing ending than a milquetoast, 6-10, miss-the-playoffs, my-team-sucks any day. #browns. #lions. #bills. #mostoftheteamsintheleague

I really don't see them similar. One team had a great regular season record which even if they won the Finals was not the GoAT team and the other team was going for football immortality which had they won would have been the GoAT (I know...arguments can be made)

Yeah here's some advice: remain inconsolable for about 3 days post-loss and try your best to completely repress any memory of it.

That's how I got through 2007 and 2011...

Tyree and Wes Welker still haunt my dreams. And nightmares.

Oh, and thank your stars your Commissioner isn't an egomaniac named Goodell.

With eyes, mind and heart wide open.

Don't watch ESPN as they will rehash your loss ad infinitum and add a few twists, add a couple of lies and turns that make you want to doubt your team..

Then there will be the continual discussion of did Curry choke?? Or is Lebron better than Curry... it will go on and on and on and on and on and on..
Tony-there is no comparison between lebron and curry-and there never was by people who truly know the game. Lebron is and has been by far the best player in the nba for a while. nobody else impacts a game in as many ways. I love Steph, but he is basically steve nash. im not sure hes as good overall, as nash was in his prime. curry shoots more 3's but nash was a better overal shooter. nash was also hands down the better passer and assist man. he couldve scored 30 every night but deferred to teammates. nash deserved at least one of his mvps, but kobe was the best player in the nba then just as lebron is now. defense, rebounding,etc. Love him or hate him, lebron will be certainly be in the top 5 alltime players. curry wouldnt even sniff the top 25.

You never get over it. Read up on the five stages of grief. You come to accept the loss, but there is always a hole in your heart. 2007 still hurts to this day. I accept it, but it still hurts. I just accept that it hurts. But it gets better, just give it time. For about a week I was really depressed about it.

Time heals it, but doesn't erase it. Just give it time.

1) Ignore the national media.

2) Ignore the whining of your own fans and especially your local Sportswriters.

3) Be honest and admit that there were also things you could have done to win. So, at some point you have to get over feeling sorry for yourself. [BTW: I'll let you know when I get over Tyree's "catch;" so far, I haven't. I've gotten over the second loss, despite Welker's drop, because Manning and Manningham made a great play to beat us.]

4) Remember that you still have a great team and that, in the Pats case, you could be the Jets and, in your case, you could be the Knicks.

5) Accept that you won't really get over it until you win another Championship; hopefully it won't take you as long as it took us.

6) Ignore the national media.

I agree with robertweathers, and propose a toast:

A6692-2.jpg

The only solution is to wait for the "next one".

Don't really like the comparison as blowing a 7 game series is MUCH different than losing a one game Superbowl, and much "chokier" if you will.

That being said, you don't watch ESPN (assuming you still do) or any other sports channels for a solid month (at least).. and avoid sports radio unless you feel like being tortured.. also I found the most healing effect was when I just accepted that the Giants made the plays and the Pats didn't - they won and we lost and that's all there is to it. Once that is accepted, it lessens the pain greatly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes