PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wake OUT .... who replaces him?

Unfortunately, I think they've shut down Buccholz for good...I say Lester. He pitched well the other nite, and was getting stronger down the stretch of the regular season as well. Tavarez replaces Wake on the roster and comes in if Lester doesn't perform.

im glad wake is out.he hasnt pitched well in awhile anyway .its hard enough to watch dice k pitch.i dont think i could handle watching wake also.

it will be Lester replacing Wake, Bucholtz is deffinatly not coming back this season, and Snyder takes Wakes spot on roster

Kyle Snyder will replace Wake on the roster. As for who will start Game 4, no one is saying yet.

Bob G

Kyle Snyder will replace Wake on the roster. As for who will start Game 4, no one is saying yet.

Bob G

My bet would be Lester..

Unfortunately, I think they've shut down Buccholz for good...I say Lester. He pitched well the other nite, and was getting stronger down the stretch of the regular season as well. Tavarez replaces Wake on the roster and comes in if Lester doesn't perform.

For good? Why? Or did you mean for the season?

im glad wake is out.he hasnt pitched well in awhile anyway .its hard enough to watch dice k pitch.i dont think i could handle watching wake also.

I Have to agree. Though I love Wakefield in the reg season, he
is too much of a risk in the play offs.
If his knuckler is on, then he needs to be able to control it.
If he can't find the plate then he has to go to that LL fastball of his.
Otherwise, he's unhittable.

It's probably for the best that Wakefield is out. He is pretty awful in most playoff appearances. At least this way he gets to save face.

For good? Why? Or did you mean for the season?
hes out for the year .the sox monitor the physical status of all there young pitchers .most get regularly scheduled evaluations thru the year .during clay buchholz last evaluation the sox noticed he had lost strength in his arm when compared to his previous evaluation .so they shut him down for the rest of the season.he had also pitched this year more than he ever had in a season and they didn't want to take a chance on clay getting hurt .

I think Lester will be pitching game 4 for sure. He has shown he can win games. I was thinking during the Indians series that both Dice K and Wakefield tend to fall apart in the 5th innings lately. Would have been better if they just used them both in 1 game for 4 innings each.

I'm hoping for Clay.

He's out for the year because he reached his 'innings limit' and the sox won't go over that. Snyder takes the spot with Lester pitching game 4.....something must be wrong with Tavarez to lose a spot to Snyder

It will be Lester. Would you trust Tavares considering he's been left off the previous series' rosters? He may have partially checked out mentally for the year.

Regards,
Chris

It will be Lester. Would you trust Tavares considering he's been left off the previous series' rosters? He may have partially checked out mentally for the year.

Regards,
Chris

How can you say that? He's on the top step of the dugout every inning and every game. He was the first out on the field (not playing that is) to celebrate. We might as well make him 3rd base coach since it looks like Dale Svuem is back there again.

Last edited:
Why is GagME on the roster?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back