Reaction score
Curious who everyone wants #3 overall

I am hoping for…..
#1 - Marvin Harrison jr
#2 - Brock Bowers
#3 - Jayden Daniels
#4 - Olumuyina Fashanu
#5 - Joe Alt

We may be able to trade back a couple picks & still get everyone I listed, except
Marvin Harrison jr

We draft defense #3, people will not be happy

If you believe in the QB you have to take him, so I pick Daniels. Although I'm not 100% that he doesn't go ahead of Maye.

If the team doesn't believe in whichever QB is available, I would take Alt or Fashanu; again, assuming the team is all in on the player.

If not, I would trade down. If we have everyone available other than Williams or Maye, there would likely be a really good trade down opportunity for either Harrison or OT.

Take the 3rd QB left.
Unless after the combine/workouts you identify a QB, like Spencer Rattler for example, you believe is close to the top 3 and possible to get early 2nd or can trade up late first.
If so then take MHJ, unless someone at 4-6 offers a great package of picks, then trade down and take a tackle.
Many possibilities this early.

Curious who everyone wants #3 overall

I am hoping for…..
#1 - Marvin Harrison jr
#2 - Brock Bowers
#3 - Jayden Daniels
#4 - Olumuyina Fashanu
#5 - Joe Alt

We may be able to trade back a couple picks & still get everyone I listed, except
Marvin Harrison jr

We draft defense #3, people will not be happy
There will be riots in the streets if we go defense at 3.

If we don't take a QB with pick 3 then we better be 1 million percent sure that we are getting one somewhere else. The idea of trading back and maybe getting Nix or Penix later is way too risky.

Bowers is probably the best TE prospect I can remember, the same can be said about MHJ as a WR...but obviously we need a QB and OT

IF the consensus top 2 QB are taken, I say we pick WR Harrison. I know I know, QB is the most important position. But Harrison is the best player of the whole draft.

what if we get a vet in FA before draft at QB? that might be the route I would go and draft MHJ at 3, though with the OL being crap we would need to go all out in draft and FA for Offense, retain the Def talent you have in house already there is not much you need to adjust, but on offense you need a full overhaul

If they don't like any of the qbs, trade down to 4 or 5 and grab the OT they like
Looking at the value chart, you could probably get a high second just by trading back with, say the Chargers 2 spots. But do the Chargers need to move up ahead of Arizona to get who they want?

The trick me me is the willing dance partner. You could trade back to 7-8 with Tennessee or Atlanta and really pick up a bunch, like a 2 and a 3, using the chart. To your point, if they don't love who's left of Daniels/Maye/Williams then you 100% trade back. I am figuring that Chicago stays with Fields and takes MHJ. You could trade back to 7-8 and go OT with Fashanu and then really load up they areas of need, and then sign one of the vets at QB.

All this is predicated on them not loving one of the three QBs.

If MHJ is there take him and don't look back.

Bowers is a great but #3 might be a little high for him.

Alt would be my choice at 3 if Harrison is gone.

I don't want either Williams or Trubisky, eh I mean Mayes

Maye, Williams, Daniels, Harrison, Alt, Nabers, Fashanu, Bowers.

Can’t believe one of these players is going to be a Patriot in a few months. Exciting times for fans that have always had to wait hours on draft day. Shoukd be a fun rebuild with picking low in each round and having a ton of cap space.

There will be riots in the streets if we go defense at 3.
There will be Riots if BB in the the 2024 Draft room lock him out. :mad:
Get Out Leave GIF by FTX_Official

I've said before, the Krafts should lock the defense draft board in a closet until round 3 or maybe even day 3. "Until then, there are no defensive players available."
I agree I'm greedy with how pathetic this Offense was the First Four picks should go to the Offense let's get into this century Offensively. It's not that hard look a Detroit and Houston even the Colts.

I agree I'm greedy with how pathetic this Offense was the First Four picks should go to the Offense let's get into this century Offensively. It's not that hard look a Detroit and Houston even the Colts.
With a couple free agent offensive players & hopefully the tide will turn.

Today my biggest fear is anyone from our current staff returning

Replace them all, including scouts

Maye, Williams, Daniels, Harrison, Alt, Nabers, Fashanu, Bowers.

Can’t believe one of these players is going to be a Patriot in a few months. Exciting times for fans that have always had to wait hours on draft day. Shoukd be a fun rebuild with picking low in each round and having a ton of cap space.
Unless BB is still calling the shots and we trade out of the first 3 rounds!

Right now they have a crisis at two position: QB and OT. Neither of this year‘s starting QBs has proven they are playoff caliber performers, I have my doubts that either Jones or Zappe will be anything more than a mediocre backup for anyone due to their lack of talent. They have essentially no starting caliber OTs signed for next season. Brown is not worth resigning due to his ****ty attitude and if they bring back Onwenu (I hope they do) they need someone better than him at RT, he is not good enough there to rely on.

I think Harrison is the best prospect in the draft but if they don’t fix the problems at QB and OT it would not make sense to me to take him. They need to take advantage of their high draft position and address those two crisis positions. My current preference is Williams, but I think he will go #1 or #2, remember Washington has a new owner and Williams is from DC). I’d be OK with any of Maye, Daniels, Alt, or Fashanu, and of those 4 my current opinion is that Alt is the surest to be good, Fashanu the guy with the highest ceiling, and Maye and Daniels (in that order) as the guys who would have the best possibility of helping this team immediately as it is currently constituted.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back