PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh, Oh..... McMillan on IR......GONE

He’s been playing well the past couple years but I don’t think it’s a high mark regarding talent at that position for the Patriots in recent decades. Even in the 90’s I’d take Ted Johnson.
Ted Johnson at his peak was on the rise to be considered among the best in the league. It was short lived due to his injuries with the bicep being the first of many.

Regarding pass coverage, he mentioned if he was relied on covering guys in space which players are asked to now, he'd end up out of the league. His game was playing downhill and laying violent hits.

Last edited:
That sucks for him. Cannot catch a break.

I'd love to see the Pats make a trade play for Devon White.

Oh man, how I wish they had landed Roquan Smith when the Bears were dumping him.
The good news here is that Mapu might get thrown into the mix this year.Get those growing pains out of the way.

Wonder how the Pats were able to sign Frisker when they had 90 signed (assuming the draft picks). Well know we know. PFT just posted that RMcMillan just got put on IR. He CANNOT play this season for the Patriots, though he can play for another team if released.

I had great hopes for him as a faster more athletic version of Bently when he resigned. I'm not sure why this had to be such a draconian situation, whatever the injury. It's a LONG time before the season starts, why couldn't they wait? I'm HOPING that Mapu looks SOOO good in OTA's that McMillan became redundant. Talk about optimism.
I like McMillan he unfortunately was injury prone here and with Miami.

So much potential for him.. he played well here last season. Reports are it's an Achilles. Those can be career killers.

Guy had 2 ACLs and now this. I hope he can recover and continue his career. We were already thin at LB now we are really then. I wonder I'd this opens up the door for special team's ace Chris board?

Have to think Bentley is the worst “top guy” among off line LBs for any Belichick Pat’s team. Now going on multiple years in a row.
Bentley actually has played well, he's become a thumper.. he's being asked to be more of the brucshi " Mike" LB role. He is not the sideline to sideline LB of today's athletes he's more of an old school thumper. We still need some depth there..

They should kick the tires on Myles Jack or Deion Jones

I noticed he was still an FA the other day. They should look into that.

Myles Jack still probably still hates us over that playoff game years ago.

Deion Jones definitely could be an interesting option still.

If our 2016 first-rounder hadn't been Stolen from us, then I would've taken Myles Jack at that spot.

Now that it's been reported as an Achilles injury, there was no way to predict that and therefore not the reason why.
Agreed, someone mentioned myles jack.. we absolutely should be in on a him.. We'd likely get him for the veterans minimum. Even with McMillan in the rotation we still needed help at LB.

Should've addressed MLB this offseason. Bentley and Tavai are a bad combo. They will continue to get exposed against competent teams.
Not if Judon - Uche - Barmore and White can get to to them First. That';s going be a very good Front if we can stay healthy. They could really masked some of the scrubs behind them. :cool:

There are still decent enough (better than or same as McMillan) LB's available in FA. I would think their asking price is higher than what BB wants to pay them. It's a given the Pats will sign someone before camp. Anyone but Van Noy please.

Not if Judon - Uche - Barmore and White can get to to them First. That';s going be a very good Front if we can stay healthy. They could really masked some of the scrubs behind them. :cool:
It's the mid 2000's all over again - Good front, but horrible in space at the 2nd level defending running QB's, RB's and TE's.

It will be interesting to see if Uche can duplicate what he did last year which I think he can. Nobody realizes that Uche and Judon were the highest sacking tandem in the NFL this season.

I think White was drafted to eventually replace Guy and be Barmore insurance.

It's the mid 2000's all over again - Good front, but horrible in space at the 2nd level defending running QB's, RB's and TE's.

It will be interesting to see if Uche can duplicate what he did last year which I think he can. Nobody realizes that Uche and Judon were the highest sacking tandem in the NFL this season.

I think White was drafted to eventually replace Guy and be Barmore insurance.
McMillan was a backup last year, and expected to be fighting for a backup roster spot this year. Our ILB's last year were Bentley and Tavai, with Judon and Uche on the outside.
===================
Sure, we needed a need another ILB. We hope that Wilson steps up to take meaningful backup reps. And yes, as always, Belichick is likely to add a veteran backup LB who plays ST's.
==================
That being said, we had a very solid defense in 2022 which figures to be better this year. We whine about not drafting enough players on Offense.
Somehow, Belichick viewed us as needing a couple of Front Seven players, and a corner. Belichick used our first three picks for Gonzales, White and Mapu. THANK YOU, Bill.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back