PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel/Titans Part Ways With Ryan Allen

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This move was surprising. They cut him in favor of a guy on their practice squad after a pretty good performance over the weekend, which given his chemistry with Gostkowski as a holder, you would think they would have kept him:

Very odd.

Very odd. Those back-to-back punts were the turning point in Tennessee's loss to the Colts, and it may end up costing the Titans the division.

Why would you even consider cutting a veteran that just averaged 50.5 yards per punt, in favor of a guy who has only played two games between three teams over the last two years?

If a reason they were keeping him was his chemistry with Gostkowski, maybe this means they're getting ready to cut Gostkowski too.

Very odd. Those back-to-back punts were the turning point in Tennessee's loss to the Colts, and it may end up costing the Titans the division.

Why would you even consider cutting a veteran that just averaged 50.5 yards per punt, in favor of a guy who has only played two games between three teams over the last two years?

Reportedly was very good in practice, but obviously whiffed big time in a division game.

But still no reason to release Allen- completely baffling.

Who is making these final decisions in Tennessee?

Strange indeed. If not for drafting an excellent punter on a cheap deal I still considered Allen a strength here

Allen gets vet minimum of $1.05 Million. The rookie is on a practice squad salary of $107K. Money maybe?

Also, maybe Vrabel is worried that when his punter comes off IR next week, he'd have a problem?

I thought Ryan Allen was really good with the Pats. Why is he unwanted by anyone?

I never saw why the team made it a priority to replace him. (I'm perfectly happy with Bailey and don't disagree with the decision to have him)

I suppose Tennessee has buyer's remorse when it comes to picking up the Pats' kickers

Really have to wonder what the hell was going on when the Patriots passed on DJ Metcalf....WTF did they think was wrong with this stud?

Really have to wonder what the hell was going on when the Patriots passed on DJ Metcalf....WTF did they think was wrong with this stud?
And this has what to do with Ryan Allen and the Titans??

And if you're talking about DK Metcalf, just remember he was the 64th pick and the 9th WR picked.

And this has what to do with Ryan Allen and the Titans??

And if you're talking about DK Metcalf, just remember he was the 64th pick and the 9th WR picked.
yeah..wrong thread...and I DID mean DK...please forgive me

Can he "stretch the field"??

Can he "take the top off the defense"??

Inquiring minds want to know..

couldn't kick for distance.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back